Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

When I walked into the house I saw a note on the kitchen counter, my mom had taken Grim for a checkup at the vet and she would be home later tonight. I went upstairs to my room and saw Jeff on my bed listening to my ipod.

"I like your taste in music." he said.

"Do you want me to beat you up again?" I asked taking my ipod from him.

"Hey, I was listening to that. And you didn't beat me up, I could've easily killed you if I wanted to." he replied.

"Yeah, and I'm a man." I said sarcastically.

"Well, you're a very attractive man." he winked.

I rolled my eyes at him, "I think it's best you leave."

"I thought we were going to hang out." he whined.

"Stop acting like such a child." I said sitting down next to him on the bed.

He sighed and moved to put his arm around my shoulders. I blushed and got a tingley feeling in my tummy. I didn't like that feeling so I pushed his arm off and laid down on the floor.

"I killed them." he said.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"I killed those filthy ingrates at your school." he replied.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes at me and said, "I killed those stuck up white girls that got you suspended."

"Are you kidding me?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"No, I killed them." he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because they caused you trouble."

"Jeff, you can't just kill people because you don't like them!" I screamed.

"Actually I can, or would you prefer me kill people just for fun?" he said smirking.

"Shut up." I said pushing him off the bed onto the floor.

"Ouch, that hurt." he whined from the other side of the bed. Now we were both on either side of the bed, on the floor looking at eachother.

"Boohoo." I mocked and he glared at me. I stood up and jumped across the bed to tackle him.

"What the fuck?" he asked.

"Tsk tsk, no glaring at me in my own room, Jeff." I said from on top of him. I got off so he could sit up and I hugged him.

"Thank you." I said burying my face in the crook of his neck.

"I thought you were mad." he said hugging me back.

"Well they were whores and deserved it. I was never really mad." I said pulling away from the hug.

He pulled me back and said, "No, I wanna' hug you forever."

"Jeff, I'm not gonna' live forever, I've got to eat." I said.

"Just give me a minute."

I sighed and waited for him to be done hugging me. I got bored so I decided to tell him a joke.

" So there was a mollusk and a sea cucumber. The sea cucumber walks over, well he doesn't walk over, he swims over to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?'" I said.

He pulled away and looked at me, "Um, is there some reason you're quoting Finding Nemo?" he asked.

"The devil told me to." I said smiling.

"Okay..." he said backing up slowly and I laughed so hard that I couldn't breathe. When I finally stopped laughing, I saw that Jeff was staring at me like I was a maniac. I had gotten that look a lot today.

"Whatever, I'm hungry," I said standing up. "You want anything?"

"Sure." he answered.

"Okay, I'm gonna' make myself some cake. Do you like cake?" I asked.

"Yeah, I love cake." he said smiling. I walked downstairs to the kitchen and got out the ingredients.

"Can you help me?" I asked turning to him.

"Yup." he said and we started making some fuckin' cake.

We were finally done when I heard Jeff say my name, "Hey, Lyric." I turned around to see what he wanted and he threw flour at my face. My jaw dropped and I grabbed some to throw in his hair. So basically, we had a flour fight and we ended up covered in it.

We were laying next to eachother on the floor laughing our asses off when we heard the front door open.

"Lyric?" It was Jamie. My eyes widened, she couldn't see Jeff or she would freak out.

"Hello?" Oh no, Ariel was with her. Shit, I turned to Jeff to tell him to leave, but he was already gone.

Ariel walked into the kitchen and noticed me on the floor covered in flour, "Lyric, what the hell?" she asked as Jamie walked in behind her.

I smiled sheepishly and got up from the floor dusting myself off, "Hi, I made cake." I said.

"Oh, can I have some?" Jamie asked.

"I want some, too." Ariel said.

"Yeah, if you help me clean up." I answered. We all started cleaning up while the cake finished baking. When we were done cleaning, we ate that cake up.

"So why were you covered in flour and laying on the floor?" Ariel asked.

"I was making a flour angel." I lied finishing up my fifth piece of cake.

"Damn, you ate a lot of cake." Jamie said.

Anyway, they both left after a while. They said that they just wanted to come over because they were bored. It was getting late so I headed upstairs to take a shower and went to bed after changing into my Batman pajamas, but unfortunately my mom wasn't home with Grim yet, so I didn't have anyone to cuddle with. :(