Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

"A very merry unbirthday!" I screamed as we all sat finishing up the pizza.

"Shhh." Jeff warned making me giggle.

"What? It's a celebration that lasts 364 days." I said back to him.

"You'll wake someone up. We aren't that far from civilization." he said and I stuck my tounge out at him. I heard Ben chuckle and Slenderman seemed to have a smile on his featureless face, as odd as it sounds.

"How likely is it that I'll get raped if I sleep here tonight?" I asked nobody in particular.

"Pretty likely." Ben answered.

"Well I better get home then." I said standing up and dusting the leaves off my butt.

"I'll walk you." Jeff said standing up as well.

"Okay, can you get the trash?" I asked Ben.

"I'll get it." Slenderman answered.

"Let's go." said Jeff walking toward my house.

"Bye, it was nice meeting you guys." I said to Ben and Slendy and started walking with Jeff. I knew that I liked him now and I thought I'd just give little hints before telling him straight up, so I grabbed his hand in mine. He looked at me with a surprised expression and smiled before intertwining our fingers. I started humming Stay Away From my Friends by Pierce the Veil and he hummed along with me until we got to my house.

"Bye." I said giving him a hug once we reached the back door.

"Bye, Lyric." he replied returning the hug. I watched him as he stalked off into the woods before walking into the house and locking the door behind me. I fed Grim and went upstairs to my room. Without changing into my pjs, I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

* * *

I woke up really early the next morning and put on a blood red cropped tanktop with a black rose on it and black skinny jeans with black and red checkered converse. Since I got up early and had time to perfect my hair into a waterfall braid with curls. When it wasn't to early to go to school, I started walking and left my mom a note on the kitchen counter.

"Hey, I like your hair." the blonde, nerdy girl from 1st period said shyly.

"Thanks," I replied with a smile. "What's your name by the way?" I asked.

"Um, I'm Laida." she said.

"Cool, nice to meet you." I said before class started. And that was the highlight of 1st period. My classes after were especially boring so I texted Gabe in 3rd. We texted about random stuff until he said he had to go.

"Hello." I said as I sat down for lunch.

"Hey." Ariel answered laughing while she watched Jamie stuff her face with spagetti.

"Um, okay then." I said and started eating some strawberries.

"Have you ever eaten a bug?" Jamie asked me after she finished her spagetti.

"Yes, I've eaten multiple bugs." I replied.

"Ew, that's gross." she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. I have to go now." Ariel said standing up and walked away.

"Where's she going?" I asked Jamie.

"Dentist." she grimaced.

"Oh." I said in response. I've actually always enjoyed going to the destist, but I'm just weird like that.

As I walked through the front door, I noticed something strange. The house smelt like ass.

"Hey, what the fuck?!" I yelled.

I saw Jeff walk out of the kitchen, "Oh, hey. You're home early." he said with a sheepish grin.

I rolled my eyes, "No I'm not Jeff. What the Hell did you do?" I asked walking past him into the kitchen.

"I was waiting for you and I got hungry." he answered. I walked in and saw a fire on the stove.

"Holy fuck, Jeff!!!" I screamed pulling off my most accessible article of clothing, which happened to be my shirt, and started to wave down the fire. Eventually I got the fire to stop and I was left standing there in nothing but a bra.

"God you're stupid." I sighed as I put my now charred shirt back on. Jeff stood there looking at the ground with a guilty look on his face.

"I'm sorry." he said.

"Whatever." I said as I cleaned up the mess.

"You can punch me if you want."

"No, it's okay really. No harm done." I replied walking around him to feed Grim, "Grim." I called and I saw him stumble into the kitchen.

"Thanks." Jeff said with a sad smile. I sighed and gave him a hug of forgiveness.

"Well, I'm gonna' take a shower now," I said pulling away from the hug. "You wanna' wait for me?" I asked walking to go up the stairs.

"I actually have some things to do, so no." he said sadly.

"Okay then, see ya' later." I replied and went upstairs to take a shower.

When I got out of the shower, I went downstairs and grabbed The Shining from the bookshelf and sat down on the loveseat to read it for the the third time. It was my favorite book and I was a big Stephen King fan. I read until chapter eight and then just sat on the floor and looked around at everything. I got bored so I walked over to the stereo and Private Eyes by Hall and Oates rang through the speakers and I started singing along and dancing using a carrot as a microphone.

I heard laughter and turned to see Ben on the floor laughing like a maniac while Slenderman just stood with a grin. I blushed and turned the music off. Ben just kept laughing until Slendy kicked him lightly on his side.

He stood up and looked at me, "That was hilarious." he said with a silly smile plastered across his face.

"Haha," I said sarcastically and sat on the coffee table with my legs criss-cross-applesauce xD "What are you even doing here?" I asked.

"Nice to see you, too," Ben said as he sat on the couch. "I actually just got bored and decided to visit a friend. I figured you'd be good entertainment because you're crazy and stuff."

"I'm not that crazy, I just have a personality," I said and looked up at Slenderman. "You can sit down too, ya' know."

"I'm fine with standing." he replied in a raspy voice.

"I just took a shower." I said to Ben.

"Okay." he said.

"Aren't you going to ask me how it went?" I asked.

"I don't think I will." he replied.

"Do you think pets have sexual dreams about their owners?" I asked.

"Are you kidding me?" Ben asked like I was a crazy person.

"Okay, you can call me crazy all you want, but it's a serious question." I said waving my finger at him like an old woman.

"I don't think animals have dreams." Slendy said.

"Yes they do. Didn't you see that Fall Out Boy music video?" I asked him.

"No, I didn't and that's just a music video." he replied.

"Whatever you say," I said as I got off the table. "I've got to get to sleep, though. Goodnight you guys."

They both left and I went upstairs to go to sleep. :P

*** Please leave comments. I like comments. I also like yellow, only sometimes though. I like mustard yellow, but not cheese yellow. I like school buses though. They look nice in yellow :D