Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen

"Ohhh, tiptoe through the window, by the window, that is where I'll be. Come tiptoe through the tulips with me." I sang at lunch the next day.

"What the heck are you even singing?" Ariel asked me.

"Are you kidding me? Tiny Tim is a legend, how do you not know that song?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Wasn't that on Insideous?" Jamie asked like a noob.

"Yeah, if you want to be current." I said rolling my eyes.

"You sing a lot." Ariel said eating some balongna. Eww.

"I only sing when it's inappropriate." I replied taking a bite out of my taco.(I personally don't like tacos, but wtf?)

"Wow." said Jamie. She had some kind of sandwich in her hands.

"Well I'm going outside. I like trees and it's a nice day out there." I said and stood up to go outside. I started whistling a random tune as a sat down in the park across the street. I was sitting under the same tree as the first time I came to this park. I looked around at everything and saw some cute purple flowers. They were a dark color near the center and lighter farther from the center. They reminded me of eyeballs. I decided to skip the rest of my classes and just walk around for a bit. I came across a sign that said I was near a Burger King, so I walked there and ordered a pepsi. I looked around and saw that I was the only one in the building, besides the people who worked there. I thought about if there were tons of people and how awesome it would be if I saved them from a bad guy or something. That would be pretty awesome. When I got bored there, I just walked home.

I walked through the front door and saw my kitten curled up on the couch. I walked over and bent down to pet and kiss him. He was just so cute the way he purred at me and licked my nose. I had a lot of time to kill, so I watched television for about an hour before I walked upstairs to my bathroom. I wanted to dye my hair blue, so I did. When I finished, I looked in the mirror and saw how awesome my new hair looked. I took a picture and put it on Facebook, then I walked downstairs and ate an apple. I was still really bored, so I walked out into the woods and sat down on the leaves. I didn't notice that Grim came out with me until he crawled into my lap when I sat down.

"Grim, you silly sausage." I said scratching him behind the ear. Then my phone started ringing and I answered it.

"Lyric Hartt's sperm bank. You wank it, we bank it. How may I help you?" I said into the phone.

I heard the person on the phone start laughing, "Hey Lyric, it's Gabe. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out." Gabe asked.

"No." I replied.

"Why not?"

"Because I'm too lazy to get out of the woods." I answered.

"Well, what are you doing in the woods anyway?" he asked.

"Slaying the evil buttfuck dragon." I said.

"Please." he begged.

"Fine," I said and stood up with Grim in my arms. "Where are we meeting?" I asked as I started walking toward the house.

"Same park?" he said it like a question.

"Whatever, see you there." I said and ended the call. I got to the house and put Grim in the kitchen and filled her food bowl before heading off to the park.

"Hey buddy." I said as I walked up to Gabe.

"Hey, I like your hair." he said smiling. I sat down next to him and we just talked about random shit for about an hour.

"Well, bye." I said and stood up giving him a hug.

"Hey, um, I was, uh, wondering if you'd like to go on a date Saturday." he stuttered. I thought about it. I had kissed Jeff,but Jeff and I weren't together. I just liked him. I liked Gabe, too, though. Kinda'. Not really.

"Yeah, sure." I answered and immediatly regreted it. Jeff might be pissed if he found out and I don't want to lead either of them on. But I already said yes to Gabe and Jeff never asked me out. Shit, I'm so confused.

"Okay, well I'll call you." he said and I just nodded before walking back to my house. 'Damn, what have I done? I knew I only liked him as a friend, so why didn't I just say that?' I thought as I walked through the front door.

"Hey, where've you been and what happened to your hair?" my mom asked as she dusted the fan above the coffee table.

"I went to talk to a friend and I dyed it." I replied and walked to my room to change clothes and go to sleep.

* * *

I woke up Friday morning and hoped that the day would go as slow as possible. I was dreading tomorrow. I didn't want to go on that date with Gabe, it would just be awkward. I thought about telling him I was sick to get out of it, but I would totally suck as a person if I did that. I thought about just telling him the truth, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. So I went through the day with butteryflies in my stomach, and not the good ones.

My mom was able to pick me up today, so I didn't have to walk. When I got home I remembered something. "Shit, dad." I whispered to myself as I dailed my fathers number and the phone rang.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Hey daddy." I said, my voice cracked and my eyes started to water. I missed him so much, I can't believe I've forgotten to call him. He lived in Virginia, where me and mom used to live before they split up.

"Hey, sweetheart. How's it going? I've missed you." he said in a warm, caring voice.

"I missed you, too. I'm good, though." I replied.

"Is there anything new going on? Do you have any friends? How's your mother getting along?" he asked making me chuckle.

"Yeah, I have a few really good friends out here. I also found a kitten, I'll send you a picture of him later, mom said I could keep him and he's just the sweetest. Mom's doing fine, her new job is sorta' demanding, but I think she can take it." I answered all of his questions.

"That's good, she's always been a strong woman. Well, when are you gonna' come and see me?" He asked.

"Soon, maybe the next break we have from school or next weekend." I replied.

"Why not this weekend?" he asked hopefully.

I felt bad, but I decided to use this opportunity to get out of the date, "I might actually be able to." I said with a smile. After we were finished talking about anything and everything, I called Gabe to tell him I couldn't make the date. He was disappointed, but he said he understood why I had to go. So I would finally get to see my dad again. My mom helped me book a flight for tomorrow morning and I called Jamie and Ariel just so that they would know. But I knew that there was one person who I hadn't told yet that I probably should.

"Jeff?" I called from the roof of my house that night.

"Hey, Lyric." Jeff said and sat beside me with his arm around my shoulders. It was quite cold so I snuggled up to him for heat.

"I'm going to Virginia tommorow." I said as I looked up at him.

"What for?" he asked.

"I haven't seen my dad in a while, so I decided to go up there for the weekend." I replied.

"Oh, well that's good. I like your hair." he said smiling. This made me smile as well and I kissed his lips. We just sat there and talked for a while, kissing every now and then before I went back inside my house to get some sleep. I couldn't wait to see my dad tomorrow and finally have the bad butterflies gone from my tummy about the date with Gabe.

*** I hope it's not too short. I try to update quickly, but I also want my chapters to be longer. So I hope you have a lovely day. And don't cry if you stub your toe, it'll heal. Maybe if you had a bird and the bird sung like Marilyn Manson to you at night so you wouldn't be so sad :D