Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

I sat in my room thinking about Jeff.' How do I feel about him? I know I'm attracted to him, but I only met him four times and he tried to kill me once. How could I even like him yet?' I sighed and walked downstairs. It was Sunday so I was just lounging around the house. I sat on the couch where my mom was watching television.

"Hey, sweety. What's up?" She asked turning down the volume with the remote.

"I'm just bored. I was wondering if I could use your car to drive around town." I said. I didn't have my own car, but I've had my license for about a year.

"Sure. You have to pay for gas, though." she replied handing me the keys.

"Okay, watch Grim for me." I walked out the door, hopped into the car and drove off.

I just drove around town for a while hoping to get my mind off things. I wasn't having any luck until I saw the guy from Hottopic sitting on a park bench.' There sure are a lot of parks around here' I thought as I parked the car. I kind of felt bad about not calling him, but I walked over and sat beside him anyway.

"Hi," I said trying to remember his name. "Gabe is it?" I asked him.

He turned to me, "Yeah, you're Lyric, right?" he asked.

"Yep. I'm sorry I didn't call you, I kind of just got distracted by....things." I apologised.

"That's okay, stalking me is good enough." he said smirking.

"Wha- I-I didn't - I wasn't stalking you. I was just driving around a-and saw you." I stuttered trying not to look like a creep, but probably failing miserably.

"It's okay. I was just kidding." he said laughing. 'He has a cate laugh' I thought.

"I knew that,"I said. "So what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Sitting." he answered.

"Oh? I didn't notice." I said sarcastically.

He sighed, "I just needed some time to think, my parents are getting divorced." he said kicking a rock with his foot.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said, "I know the feeling."

"Really?" he said looking up at me.

"Yeah, my parents got divorced a few months ago. That's why me and my mom moved out here." I said sadly.

He looked back down, "They want me to choose who will have custody over me. I want to be with my mom , but if I choose her, I have to move to Maine." he sighed.

"Well what do you have here?" I asked.

"My friends, my dog and the house I grew up in." he answered.

"What do you have in Maine?" I asked.

"My mom and a new scenery." he answered me again.

"Which do you prefer if parents weren't involved?" I asked a third question.

"Here." he sighed.

"Well if it were me, I would stay here and visit my mom a few times a month. That's the decision I made when I wanted to be with my dad, but everyone in my old school hated me so I moved." I said and he looked up at me.

"Why would anyone hate you? You're really nice." He asked.

"I don't know. I am nice, huh?" I answered thinking back to when I got bullied and was thankful for Jamie and Ariel.

"Yeah, and cute. I think I'll stay here and get to know you better." He said making me blush.

"Well I should get home now, they want an answer by 6." he said standing up.

"Alright, can I call you?" I said standing up as well.

"Yes, of course," he said." and thanks for helping me with this."

"No problem."

We went our seperate ways and I hopped into the car. I still had a smile on my face as I drove home. I really enjoyed talking with Gabe and helping him through his problem. I hope I'll get to see him again, soon.