16

Recap:

"Alright we need to talk."

Layla

"About Nate right?" I sipped on my water.

"Yeah listen baby girl, you know he just wants to help. He hasn't even been paying attention to his mus- Thank you." Sammy was interrupted by our waitress, Sarah.

She puts our plates down, "Thanks Sarah."

"No problem. Enjoy guys!"

"His music?" I questioned.

Sammy started to chew on his pancakes, "Yeah, he's been so on top on researching about grief and how to help you overcome it. He's just trying to help you."

I started to play around with my food, "I know it's just he brought up the whole conversation at a wrong time Sam."

"Hey I understand ma. Just understand where he's coming from, too. He's just trying to help you and we both know he's the best person to do that for you. And don't play with your food, eat it, you've been doing good."

I smiled, "Yeah thanks to Him."

"So I've been thinking."

I motioned for Sam to continue, "A huh."

"Can you finally take me up on my offer to take you out? Please?" He looked at me with a smile.

"Yeah why not." I giggled.

"Really?!"

"Yes I feel a lot better with things now and you've helped me a lot these past months...you deserve it."

"Alright cool lil ma, now let's hurry so you can apologize to Nate."

I felt bad for the way I acted towards Nate last night. I over reacted.

----------

Sam and I left right after we finished.

Sammy and I walked up to the guys apartment. "Alright let's do this."

"Lay you're going to be fine," Sam chuckled.

I walked in, "Hey Lay, Sam" Ty and Swazz said in unison.

I giggled, "Hey boys, where's Nate?"

"His room."

I quickly swayed my hips to Nate's door and knocked, "Bubba?"

"Come in mama!" He yelled.

I walked in slowly, and saw Nate sitting up on his bed on his Mac.

I sat on his bed. "I'm sorry," we said in unison.

I laughed, "Why are you saying sorry Bubba? You were just trying to help me."

He chuckled, "I brought it up at a horrible moment."

"Well it's okay. Forgive me?"

He grabbed my hand, "of course beautiful."

I blushed, "So listen Sammy told me you haven't been paying attention to your music."

"Well yeah I've been trying to help you."

"As much as I thank you for trying to help me don't let me put you in the way of your music, it's too important to you." I shook my head.

"Well so are you." He said staring into my eyes.

"I'm serious and what's with you and all these compliments today?" My face heated up.

"It's a good day Lay. It's a good day."

A/n:

Short and sweet. Big things happening the next couple of chapters so just needed a little filler.

Finally Sammy Boy is getting a chance, if you guys remember he was basically the one who took care of Layla while Nate was gone and he had admitted his feelings towards her in chapter 9. What a roller coaster now she has Noah, Nate and Sammy on her plate.

I'm actually a little hesitant about continuing Sams feelings towards her and the part where he asked her out, so please give me feedback on what you think!

I love all the feedback I'm getting...thank you guys so much!

Love you guys

Xoxo