15

Layla

"Oh well he's seems to already be making you happy so as long as you're happy then so am I."

There was a part a me that I knew it hurt Nate to say that but I didn't know where we stood ever since what happened at the airport when he left on tour.

Nate

I'm not happy that she is with someone. Although I am happy that she's happy. She always should be but she hasn't been since her dad and then I basically left her here in shambles.

"So I've been thinking...maybe you should start going to a therapist." I said calmly after I laid back trying to feel my high.

"Why?" She said rather quickly.

"You may think you're happy right now but I know inside you're still broken and it's not easy to get over. Shit you ain't ever going to get over it, you lost your father and I can tell you that me nor Noah or whatever his name is, aren't going to be able to "make you better"." I said with air quotes.

"I'm happy Nate! The happiest I've been in months! I'm good!" What a liar.

"You know what Layla I told you that I was going to help you and guess what you let me! So let me help you some more." At this point I started to pace in front of her.

"No Nate! If you can't believe that I'm happy you need to get out!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

I hit the wall, "Layla you're going to have days where you smile and laugh and you're going to cry and cry and cry! Happy and sad days! It doesn't mean that you're not depressed you need to understand!"

She walked up to her door and whispered quietly, "Get out."

Next Day

Layla

I woke up from a terrible headache...must've been from all the screaming last night. I knew he was right but I was annoyed because while Noah was taking things off my mind, Nate kept bringing them up. Maybe I should go apologize and take up the offer of going to a therapist but I don't know if the therapist would do any good.

I woke up to a few text messages,

Sammy:

Layla I heard the screaming. Brunch?

Noah :

Next Friday? Lunch?

I texted back

To: Sammy

Sure come by at 11

To: Noah

Yeah definitely.

I dialed my moms phone number. I call her everyday. I know she pretends she is so strong for me but I can tell how broken she actually is.

Mom: Hey babygirl
Layla: Hey ma. How are you?
Mom: Better. How about you?
Layla: Good I actually met someone.

I continued to tell her about Noah and she was happy that someone put a smile on my face.

I ended the phone call and noticed it was 10:34am so I decided to start getting ready. I grabbed the water bottle on my side table and chugged the whole thing. Lol I get really dehydrated. I took a shower, did my makeup which was just concealer, powder, my eyebrows and mascara. I threw on a oversized flannel and my white converse because I didn't feel like dressing up. Threw my hair in a messy bun as I heard Sam walk in.

"Yo ma!"

"I'm coming!" I sprayed some perfume and grabbed my phone.

I walked up to him and he gave me a kiss on my forehead as I hugged him.

"So IHOP?"

I smiled, "IHOP."

I locked the door behind me.

I started walking to the passenger seat of my car and Sammy stopped me grabbing my wrist, "As much as I love driving your car," I mean who doesn't love my car it's a red g wagon, "but I would love it even more if you drove it."

I looked at him in complete shock, "Are you serious?"

He smiled and threw me the keys, "Yes babygirl I think you are starting to get the hand of things."

I sat in the drivers seat, "God I missed you baby."

"I missed you too!" Sam said.

"I was talking to my car Sam."

"Oh shit my bad ma."

I laughed, "it's okay."

At IHOP

"I think you need to learn to be taught to drive again."

I looked at him with wide eyes, "it's been almost 7 months since I've driven! Plus I'm not that bad."

"Layla we also died. Twice." He smirked.

"Wipe that stupid smirk off your face." I giggled.

"Hi guys I'm Sarah can I start you guys off with drinks?" Our waitress said.

"Sure can I get a water please," I said.

"And I'll have a tall glass of orange juice."

"Ok," with that she walked away.

"Alright we need to talk,"