7

Layla

I choked on my water a little but soon swallowed it, "Nate oh my god that's great!"

He looked at me like I had four heads, "Wait, what?"

"What? This is great for your rapping career!"

He took a breath of relief, "I thought you were going to kill me lil mama."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "And why would I do that? You know I support you 100%. I mean of course I'm going to miss you," a lot, "but this is what you've wanted."

He took my hand into his, "That means a lot Lay, Thank you."

I kissed the back of his hand," You're welcome bubba. When you do you leave?" 

"In three days..." He said as he scrunched up his face.

"Nate what the hell!" I raised my voice.

"I was scared to tell you ok!"

I groaned, "Well then we're spending as much time together."

"Oh Ty and Swazz are coming with me,"

"You keep making this worse and worse." He took a sip of his water, "I'm sorry, I wanted to ask you but I know you're focused on school right now."

"Yeah, don't worry about it."

On the way back home Nate drove my car back home so I took up the offer so I can check Instagram, "Holy shit Lester is amazing these pictures are f.ucking hot!"

Nate looked at me quickly, "Show me!"

The picture was of me and Nate, he was holding me with his arms around my waist placing his head on my shoulder while I was giving the camera a seductive stare it was captioned, 'He was the realest and she was the baddest they were the flyest w/ @skathanmaloley @laylababy. '

"Holy shit ma we'd make a bomb ass couple!"

I looked at his cheesy grin, "we would."

The fans knew we were just friends but of course they had speculations since we are very close and comfortable with each other but Nate and I knew what was up so that's all that really mattered.

Monday, Nate's last day

I had came back from school around 6:45 to make the guys and I dinner tonight since Nate's flight was at 12am tonight.

I made baked ziti, garlic bread, chicken cutlets, and lasagna because the boys eat a lot. After I finished cooking it was already 8 so I ran up stairs changed into gray shorts and a white off shoulder shirt to be comfortable. As I walk back downstairs to set up my dinning room, I call the guys over.

11:25pm

"Well this is as far as I can go guys," I said to Nate, Swazz and Ty. I volunteered to drive them even though I knew it would be hard to say goodbye.

Swazz came up to me first, "Alright mami I'll be sure to call you 24/7," I laughed, he loved calling me mami since I'm hispanic he found an excuse to say it all the time.

"You better John," he pulled me in a tight hug I couldn't help but let my tears come down, 6 months is a long time. "Take care of him." I whispered in his ear.

"I will." He knew I was talking about Nathan.I started trembling, "Layla it's okay. I'll call you as soon as we land." I just nodded as he gave me a kiss on the forehead and let me go.

I had my moment with Ty, I pulled him into a hug, "bye Jersey boy."

He laughed, "Bye city girl. Take care of yourself for me babe."

I nodded, "You know I will."

I looked at Nate and saw that his eyes were already as puffy as mine were. He pulled me into a loving hug as I held him back tightly,

"Lay im going to miss you," his voice shook uncontrollably it only made me cry harder.

He was my best friend, that I've spent almost everyday with for the past 6 months. It was going to be hard not to see him until then.

I heard Swazz say to Nate that it was time to go and that's when I lost it. "Bubba please don't go."

"Don't say that, you know how much I would rather stay here with you." He held me for another 20 seconds, "Alright Lay I really have to go," I let go of him and tried not to look at him in the eyes because it was too hard.

He grabbed my chin, "I love you." I looked at him with wide eyes as he pecked my lips and walked the other way. I whispered, "I love you more." He must've heard me because he turned around and smiled. I smiled back with tears still streaming down my face.

And that's when I knew we both truly loved one another, more than friends.

At home

Once I got home I knocked out with Nate in my mind.

I wake up at 7:30 to get ready for my class at 9 seeing I have 4 new text messages and 2 missed calls.

bubba 👅 :

-one missed call-

lil mama we landed safely

you must be sleeping, call me when you see this

John 💨:

we made it mami

Mamadukes 👑:

-one missed call-

Layla please call me back when you get this

My mom usually calls me every Wednesday to check on me since she knows I'm very busy with school she only calls one day a week.

Being that it was Tuesday I knew something was wrong so instead of calling back Nate I called my mom.

M: Momma  L:Layla

L: Mom?

M: I need to you fly out, it's your father

L: W-what happened?

M: We'll talk when you get here baby just pack enough for a week, email your teachers that your going to be gone and get ready your flight is at 10:30. Love you

a/n:

It's about to get real emotional up in here...you're going to hate me