Chapter 34. Just a plain Jane

( They stayed joined, leaning against the tree, embracing each other.

Sammie felt her eyes water as she thought about the deep feelings she had for this man, tremors from her release still lingering in her body.

Mike held her tight, he never wanted to let her go. But he eventually lifted her up so he could glide out of her, then he slowly put her down on the ground. God how beautiful she was.

"I love you so much Sammie. . .Please, don't ever leave me again!" he said hoarsely and bent down to place a heated kiss on her inviting lips.

"I won't. " she purred and kissed him back, making the kiss even hotter.)

Sammie woke with a jolt and sat up straight in the bus seat.

She had been dreaming.

Holy shit, what a dream!

God! Did she just have an orgasm in her sleep?

She looked around frantically, scanning the inside of the bus. What if she had made some noises? God, how humiliating.

No, it did not seem like anybody had noticed.

But what a wonderful Dream.

She sighed with sadness.

Staring out into the darkness through the windows of the bus, Sammie thought back on her time on the road with Mike and the band.

Mostly it had been fun times for her, getting to know new people, see new places, other countries. But after that darn Wacken festival everything had changed. She, of all people, had fallen in love.

And the love interest she regrettably had chosen for herself was so far from her world and from her, that it was ludicrous.

Feeling a single tear make it's way down her cheek she shook her head and closed her eyes.

Now he invaded her dreams too, well in fact he had been doing that for quite some time now, and it was killing her from the inside.

And his words were still haunting her. You ain't gonna want any other man but me, inside of you, ever!

Damn it, that cocky bastard was right.

Looking at her wristwatch she estimated her remaining time on the bus to be at least one more hour. It was still dark outside, but she could register a slight shimmer of morning light in the far distance ahead of the bus. New York. All over again.

And now she had no idea if she was welcome or not. This person Andrew Hunt might not even remember her, and he will probably be even less than happy to see her.

This whole despicable situation sucked big time.

* * *

Mike was back in his Ferrari. He leaned back in the seat as he steered it back up on the highway, he sighed heavily and shook his head smiling as he thought of the girls from the diner. My god! Girls like that were set out to do just about everything to get his attention, he knew that. But sometimes reality got a bit scary.

Jeez, he could have had some serious pussy tonight if he had wanted to.

He shook his head again and stepped on the gas. He just wanted to get to Sammie as fast as possible. She was the only one that he wanted.

Mike had left Baltimore behind him after a quick stop to refuel, and he was now on the last stretch of this never-ending journey out to nowhere.

He had rehearsed over and over again in his head, what he was gonna say to her as he got there, but the more he did that, the more stupid it sounded. He could not even pop the big question to her right away. . .he had no frickin' ring with him.