"Do you wanna... go out... oh, nevermind, you're a bitch."

March 22, 1998

Jenna likes Matt again. Matt slept over Jacob’s house last night, and Jenna made me call them to ask Matt out for her.

He said, “I’m not exactly single…”

I said, “Oh, Lisa…”

“Yeah…”

“But Aaron… are they…?”

“No…”

“Well, when they do, will you go out with Jenna?”

“Maybe. I dunno…”

[Matt and I were really co-enablers for each other’s addiction to ellipses…]

I called Jenna and told her this, and she was like, “Have him call me.” About two minutes later, Matt called me back and said, “I just called Jenna and I said, ‘So maybe… do you wanna… go out… oh, nevermind, you’re a bitch.” Matt can be so mean!

Matt is not even really friends with Zach anymore. Zach has been hanging around with Nathan and Tyler and the people in their group.

I called the psychic hotline to see what I should do about Zach and Steph, and the lady said, “Dump them both. I see there will be a boy with golden hair and gray-gold eyes. You did not have love before, but you will now. Also I see a boy with dark hair that you already know… he will be interested in you, but you are not interested in him.”

Okay, the first boy with golden hair and gray-gold eyes must be Nathan. The second boy is Scott. [Definitely worth the $3.99/minute that call to the psychic hotline cost my parents.]

I’m starting to daydream more and more about Nathan and less about Zach. I am forcing myself to get over him. I don’t need him. Steph and he deserve each other.