"Who will have cyber sex?"

January 30, 2000

Wow, my black eye is really ugly now. Eww. Anyways, last night at like midnight, I went online. Tyler and Louis were on, and they invited me into this private chat with just the three of us. But then all these random people we didn't know started coming in. They were pretty sick. They were like, "Who will have cyber sex?" Louis said, "Send Emily an instant message cause she will cyber!" Tyler was like, "No, she won't. Leave her alone!"

This one kid said he was going to send me a picture of his penis, and Tyler totally flipped out. [Why are penis pics a thing? Seriously, why?] Then this other kid sent me an i/m. This is the conversation we had:

Him: What bra size are you?

Me: shut the hell up

Him: [Tyler's screen name] said you were a 34C

Me: WHAT?!

I was very upset that Tyler would tell that to some random sicko online. So I had this conversation with Tyler:

Me: What did you tell [random sicko's screen name]?

Tyler: Why? What did he say?

Me: He said you told him I was a 34C

Tyler: I was right? I just guessed

Me: You are not cool at all

Then I got offline and went to bed extremely pissed off. I was hurt, too, that Tyler had that little respect for me. [On the bright side, it was pretty clever how he tricked me into telling him my bra size.] Today I went online and checked my e-mail. There was this e-mail from Tyler:

hey emily,

i hope you arent too mad at me because i told that kid that thing... the kid was pissing me off and he said he would leave the chat room if i told him, so i did. i could have easily denied saying that i told him that, but i didnt i told the truth to you so i was hoping you could just like please not be pissed at me. i really try to make you happy and not make you mad, but i just blow at it. i guess i told the kid because i just like you and i like to show you off and stuff i dont know... please dont be mad at me!!!!! i'm extremely sorry. we have just started to actually talk to each other and i dont want to run it over some little thing like that. tonight we had a lot of funny things going on in the chat and did you notice how i was trying to sort of protect you and not make all those queer guys send you strange pictures... cause i was trying. i hope you arent mad at me im soooooo sorry. you seemed really pissed so i decided a small e-mail might help me regain your um... trust or whatever you wanna call it. ill definitely call you tomorrow. sorry.

luv tyler

p.s. i put a lot of time and effort into this e-mail so i hope its better than all my notes i write you =) i love you!!!

[It's funny how we assumed these people were kids our age - they were probably much older, in hindsight.]