Chapter Thirty Six - Do You Like Me Like This?

Hinata dug her nails into her palms nervously, she prayed Neji would return with Tenten. She could tell Neji loved her, Tenten gave him light. Hinata could see that as clear as day, and she really liked Tenten- she was very kind. Hinata was sitting by the balcony overlooking the Kingdom, singing could be heard down below.

She decided to join them after Neji and Tenten returned. Hinata could see Ino down there with all the villagers greeting them, Sai wasn't far behind standing with Shikamaru. Hinata smiled, Ino would be a great Queen for the Flower Kingdom.

"Hinata? What're you doing in here when you could be out with the celebrations?" It was Naruto, she could tell from his added 'ttebayo and just his voice. The slight gravel in his voice but it didn't make him sound scary, she enjoyed his voice, it was soothing like a lullaby.

Hinata turned around from the balcony standing up, "I'm going to wait until Neji-niisan returns." She watched as he walked over next to her leaning his elbows upon the stone edge of the balcony.

"He might be a while you know," Naruto shrugged slightly. "Are you sure you still want to come back with me to the Uzumaki Kingdom? What about your Kingdom being re-built?"

Hinata imitated his shrug, "It isn't like I won't go to the Hyuga Kingdom ever again, Naruto-kun. I'll go there often, but right now I'd like to go with you. You're parents seem to like me a lot..." She giggled slightly. At the lunch Kushina was totally mesmerized by Hinata showering her with kind compliments and rubbing her cheek against hers. Minato seemed to like her too.

"I wish I could have introduced you to my father." Hinata whispered. Hiashi would have been proud to know she was marrying another Prince, not just to expand Kingdom relationships but that she had the confidence to actually find someone.

Naruto nodded "I would have liked to meet the guy. How did he die?"

"He became ill." Hinata said gravely "so the illness took his life."

"I'm sorry." Naruto said sympathetically, he put his hand on hers making her flinch slightly. Hand holding had actually become a common activity between the two, but there had not yet been another kiss since she died. Hinata always found it odd to say she died, but she wouldn't say she died to anyone other than people who knew in case they thought she was a little loopy.

Magic was an amazing thing.

"That's alright, Hanabi was very affected by his death." It was awful, Hanabi cried for two weeks refusing to eat anything even if what Madam gave them was barely nothing. Hanabi had a closer bond with her father than Hinata did. It was probably because Hanabi would be a better Queen than Hinata being more confident.

"Where is Hanabi anyway?" Naruto asked.

"She's exploring the Kingdom."

Naruto chuckled "she's really adventurous."

"Very." Hinata nodded smiling, the people had began to dance around the square, Ino even joining with them to dance. She was very beautiful Ino- sometime's Hinata wondered if Naruto would prefer her more confident like Ino.

"What's wrong?" Naruto frowned.

Hinata shook her head "nothing."

"Hey, what is it?" He tried to look at her eyes but she attempted to avoid it was hard for her to avoid it though. He was always so captivating she couldn't help but lock with those blue eyes, Naruto raised his eyebrows "something's wrong."

"I-I just wondered... Do you like me like this?" She put her hands behind her back.

Naruto cocked his head to the side "like what?"