Chapter Twenty Two - Corona.

It hurt her watching him hurt. Watching him dead. In her arms.

Sai.

It was that single name going on inside her head.

That was what made her bright eyes turn glassy, this man- this amazing man was dead in her arms. She cradled his head up against her chest and rocked side to side whispering, asking him not to be gone from her.

She sniffed and threw her head back then forwards to see his sketchbook lying open past his limp body, Ino looked past the glassy water from her eyes seeing the page left open at a painting of her. She was grinning and smiling in it and her hair was painted bright gold when it shone. However, there was a bloody splatter along the page.

His blood.

Ino shook her head and sniffed again then looked down at Sai's face. His eyes were closed over and mouth closed, she just wanted them open, she wanted to see one of his drawings, she wanted him to draw her, she wanted him to talk about his life, she wanted him.

She let out a cry of sadness and the tears could no longer be prevented, the drop slipped off her chin and landed on Sai's cheek. Ino cradled him in her arms, her tears dripping down onto his face, her eyes squeezed shut. Maybe if she opened them it would have all been a dream and actually he was looking confused at her then gave her an apple.

But that didn't happen.

Through her closed eyes and through the dark there was a golden light. Ino pried her now red rimmed eyes open to see his cheek begin to glow, she gasped, she still had powers! Ino watched as the bright light turned into a beautiful golden flower- the one healing flower.

The golden lily shone over Sai then closer towards his wounded stomach, Ino watched in awe seeing his wound slowly closing up. Her horrified face turned into joy after the golden light faded- and his eyes opened.

"Sai!" Ino cried, she didn't even let him regain his composure, she just went forwards and wrapped her arms around him hugging him tight.

Sai was completely dazed, Ino was basically sitting on him hugging him while crying. He brought his arm up hugging her back around her waist. "Where are we...?"

"You're fine, you're with me." She said quietly.

Sai nodded slowly, "shouldn't we be going to see the lanterns...?" He still sounded slightly dazed.

Ino let out a small laugh and pulled away wiping her eyes "yeah." She shook her head smiling looking at him "I'm so happy you're okay."

"You know I think your hair looks better like this."

Ino smiled "me too."

-

Ino looked at him, "you're sure you're okay?"

Sai nodded "I'm fine." He didn't even know what happened to him, but he was still determined to get Ino to the lanterns. But the sky was still bright, so there was still time. He had regained himself and found out Gothel was in fact dead. It took Sai a while to get himself together after being dead for about a minute or so but then when he was okay he was so glad, he realized Ino had been crying for him too.

The look she had when he woke up, he wanted his eyes to open to always meet her face. Then he realized, could he be falling in love? Sai didn't know, he had never experienced love but was the warmth and slight excitement to see her love? He always felt... pleased when she was with him.

They stood at the bridge that lead to the Kingdom Corona, Ino breathed out nervously, she was shaking from nerves slightly. "I'm here." She breathed.