Chapter Twenty - All Curses Can Be Broken.

Naruto let out a frustrated grunt trying to get the ropes off, but they were tied so tight "did this freaking woman go to rope tying lessons!" He needed to get out! Hinata had gone off to see her Step-Mother and she was walking to her grave! He knew Madam was going to kill her, he needed to save her fast before Hinata was killed.

It was a brave act, he didn't recall Hinata being so brave, but he liked people like that. However even if what she did was brave- it was also foolish, she was walking to her death for Naruto to be released. He didn't want her to die because of him. And he felt drawn to Hinata, it felt weird, images of her smiling and blushing when she talked to him popped into his mind.

Maybe he was in-

"Naruto!"

He turned his head seeing Choji running towards him "Choji!"

Choji ran over to him and crouched by him, he pulled out a dagger and began cutting through the rope to get it off "was it their Step-Mother that tied you up?" He asked.

Naruto nodded "yeah. We need to go save Hinata."

Choji nodded "yeah." Choji had never seen Naruto so focused, normally he would be begging Choji to ask him about the ball and who Sasuke chose to be his wife. But no, it was totally shoved to the back of his mind at the moment. Instead all he was thinking about was Hinata.

The ropes were cut and Naruto jumped to his feet sprinting towards the lake Choji following not too far behind. Choji was a fa- a big boned man but he was still strong and quick, as well as being the palace head chef he also took on missions if needed.

Naruto leaped over a fallen tree trunk then ducked under a branch his cape flying at the fast speed he ran at. Then ahead he could see a clearing to a lake. Naruto reached the clearing at the lake skidding down on the stones and then his heart sunk.

Hinata, she was lying on the ground her arm outstretched and a black apple was on the ground just nearby her hand. Her eyes were shut and hair splayed around the ground. Naruto clenched his fists and looked around, there his eyes spotted Madam. She was walking away her dark purple dress trailing on the ground.

Naruto looked down seeing Hinata's bow and arrows abandoned, he quickly placed an arrow in the bow and pulled the string back. Then he shot the arrow, it went right into Madam's back, Madam let out a huge gasp turning looking shocked.

Suddenly Madam began to grow old, her wrinkles appearing and hair turning grey, she must have been using a charm to keep herself looking younger. "YOU FOOL!" She screamed and then yanked the arrow out but the blood continued to spill until she stumbled to the side and fell into the river. Naruto watched with a straight face as she was taken away by the river.

Naruto looked down sadly at Hinata, he tossed the bow down and crouched on the stone ground holding Hinata's limp body in his arms. Her head resting against his chest and her hand loosely in the edge of the lake.

"Naruto..." Choji said quietly looking sympathetic at his friend.

This was the one woman Naruto felt like he had something special with, even if he only knew her for about three days or so. Even he knew her back then when they were children when he protected her from bullies, "I should have protected you." He said quietly.

Choji crouched down picking up the apple, it was dark black and a bite taken out of it by Hinata, he then looked over at Naruto as a tear fell from his eye. This hit him hard, she had taken her life to protect him.

Choji scanned the apple then sniffed, he gasped "wait! Naruto!"

"What..." Naruto looked up.

"This is a cursed apple!"