Chapter Twenty Eight - Snow.

Tenten wiped her brow while hitting down on the sword with her hammer, she was mending the scratch on Neji's sword. The strong scent of coal being burned in the fire was filling the work room she owned in her cabin. She had put the well made sword in the fire to heat it up then was now mending the scratch down to make it go away.

Neji was sitting contently watching her hammer down on the sword, he had told her everything that happened after he left to find Hinata and Hanabi. Starting at his journey to first finding Hanabi tied to a chair by Madam, then going to save Hinata, then Hinata eating a poisoned apple dying, then onto Naruto giving her a kiss of true love- he didn't sound completely overjoyed about that though. Of course a Prince was an amazing fit for Hinata, but just having her cousin back made him a slight bit too protective. He continued on to re-uniting with her after so long, his goal finally being definite for re-building the kingdom, catching up with his two cousins, then finally leaving to find Tenten.

She smiled "that's sweet, but why did you come to me? Do you need something? I feel bad for making you leave when you've just met your cousins." Tenten swung down again the sound of metal rang together in their ears. Some ash was marked along her head and a light brown apron was wrapped around her body preventing coal to mark her clothes.

Neji replied "I just wanted to see how you were and to thank you for everything again. Then I find you about to ripped up by the wolf." He decided not to say Grandmother, Neji was unsure if it was a sensitive situation to her.

"Shut up." Tenten rolled her eyes "I had the situation under control."

"Says you're ankle, and I'm not a medical man you might need someone to see that."

Tenten nodded, she was in fact sitting while working her leg propped up on the bench across from her working table. She could barely walk so she needed to either make or find some crutches until someone helped her ankle. "Okay I kind of had the situation under control. I was going to kick the wolfs head to make it let go of my ankle."

"Yeah right." Neji said slowly- he totally didn't believe that. "So, what are you going to do about your Grandmother?"

Tenten sighed "I'm going to bring her body here, she'll have a funeral. Even if she was a wolf she was my Grandmother. I don't know if she was aware if she was the wolf or not- but it doesn't matter now. She still took care of me after my parents died, she'll have a funeral even if no one turns up." Her face was hard, the image of her Grandmother covered in red. The woman who took care of her as a child then on, raising her happily, always having dinner together. "She... She was still my Grandmother."

Neji nodded, it was understandable "do you want me to join you?"

"You would do that?" She stopped hitting the sword which also channeled her sadness, "really? Don't you have princely things to do."

"No, I don't have princely things to do. What exactly would you say princely things are?" He raised his eyebrows.

Tenten shrugged "I don't know... Courting the ladies, going to balls, hunting with your other princey friends." She put the hammer down on the table then picked up a cloth cleaning down the sword.

"Really? The only thing I've done on that list is hunting. But no, I'll go to the funeral." If she needed comfort Neji felt responsible for being the one to do that job for her. He didn't think she had anyone left anyway, Genma sure but the thought of him at the funeral holding her while she cried irritated him a lot.

Tenten smiled "thanks." She put the cloth down then held the sword by its golden handle, there was a silver jewel embedded in the pommel. Tenten grinned "all finished."