Chapter Fourteen - Trapped.

Previously...

"Pig?" Sai questioned.

"Because she thought I looked like a pig. It was my nickname for her." Ino sighed but a smile still on her face, they were rivals but friends. One of the best types of friendships to have.

"You don't even look like a pig?"  He said looking confused- the not understanding emotions thing kicking in. 

Ino blushed and smiled "thanks."

"Really because I would beg to differ?" A figure appeared through the trees, prowling towards them the intent to kill. 

Ino breathed out in shock.

"Gothel."

-

Sai walked in front of Ino facing Gothel raising his arms in front of Ino shielding Ino from Gothel's clutches, "I won't let you have Ino. I know exactly who you are and what you want."

Gothel folded her arms looking interested "you know me? I'm flattered, well why don't you tell me just who I am?"

"You're the one who used the golden flower to make yourself younger, I read it in a book in the Kingdom's library about you. But then the Queen of Corona got sick while pregnant with Ino Yamanaka the Princess, so everyone searched for the golden flower, and they found it. So it was liquidized and the Queen drank it, she became healthy again having her baby. But you kidnapped Ino because she has the powers of the golden flower within her, so you used her to make yourself younger."

"So you knew I had powers?" Ino asked, he had always known but never pried about it...

Sai nodded "I did. When I realized you were the Princess that it must be you with powers, so I will protect you. I won't let you have her." Sai glared at Gothel.

"Sai..." Ino whispered.

Gothel's gaze darkened "so what is this? You think he likes you?" She leaned to the right looking at Ino "my daughter you've met one man and think this is love? I can tell just by the look in your eyes, he probably just wants you for your powers. Now come with me and-"

"No! You use me for your powers anyway! But I trust Sai more than you! He's going to take me home, where I belong!" Ino shouted, "I'm not going with you! And don't call me your daughter, you are nothing like a Mother."

Gothel sighed "you think you can trust a man whom you've known for a day?" A spider like smile crawled onto her face, she leaned back letting out a chuckle.

"I do!" Ino grabbed some of her hair and whipped it forwards to Gothel, it latched around her ankle and Ino yanked pulling Gothel to the ground.

Sai turned to Ino a little shocked at her action "that was clever."

"Thanks." Ino smiled.

"Let's go."

Ino nodded and they quickly went towards Anbu, that was until Ino felt her hair get pulled, Ino let out a scream as Gothel had pulled her back by her long hair. Ino shouted "let go!" She looked up and saw Sai pulling back the string from his crossbow and pointing at Gothel. The arrow flew and lodged into Gothel's shoulder, Gothel let out a groan and her knees fell down to the ground then she slumped down breathing heavily, she hissed yanking out the arrow.

"Come on!" Sai called pulling the bow over his back, he swung up onto Anbu, Ino nodded and Sai pulled her up and over onto Anbu. "Go! Anbu!"

Anbu in response burst off the ground galloping away, Ino said into Sai's ear "she won't leave until she has me!"