The Battle for Gondor

Start from the beginning

"I want to fight!" Merry pleaded. 

"I will say no more." He pulled away and trotted off. Merry looked up at me. 

I looked around to make sure he wasn't watching, and I was about to pick him up when someone came by Merry and picked him up onto their horse before me. I nudged Hebethy to follow, and I noticed that the person was Eowyen. 

We both looked at eachother and nodded, and we followed the rest of the riders as we weaved down the slop. 

"Form up! Move out!" Eomer was yelling to the soilders who were getting onto their horses. "Form up! Move out!" 

"Ride! Ride now to Gondor!" Theoden yelled, and all the soilders roared. 

The next day pasted in a blurr. We kept going at full pace so that we could get to Gondor in time. I made sure to stay next to Eowyen at all times. 

Every step we took closer to Gondor the evil spirit was getting stronger. After a while we started to slow down. I knew we were getting close. 

Then a couple of soilders in the front column started blowing their horns. 'We are here' I thought. I could feel my blood begin to pump with adrenaline. 

"To battle" Eowyen said. 

"To battle" Merry and I said.

We walked our horses up over the hill, and Eowyen and I walked our horses to the front row. The seen before my eyes took my breath away. 

In the plain below was thousands of orcs, and the city of Minas Tirith was crumbling. The orcs looked up  from their battle and saw us. They looked like a sea of death. I had never seen so many enemies, and I could feel my breath become labored. 

"Arise, Arise, Riders of Theoden!" The king yelled at his army. "Spears shall be shaken, sheilds shall be splintered, a sword-day, a red day , ere the sun rises!" 

I looked over to Eowyen and Merry, and I could see the fear in their eyes. "Stay strong" Was all I could choke out. 

"Whatever happens, stay with me." She said speaking to me and Merry. 

I looked to Theoden and we was galloping his horse in front of the riders knocking his sword against the spears the he passed. "Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin, and the world's ending! Death!" He yelled. 

The riders behind me screamed. And they kept screaming and I looked over to Eowyen and Merry, and they started to yell too. I stood up a little strighter, and leaned in to Hebethys ear. "Stay safe, and stay next to Eowyen" I whispered.

"Forth Eorlingas!" Theoden yelled. Somwhere to my sides I heard the horn again, and the king started charging. I kicked Hebethys side, and she was off right away. I was joined by the others, and we were running at full gallop to the orcs below. 

I grabbed my two blades from my waist. As we got closer to stench of the orcs reached my nose, but I was ready. Just then to my left a horse fell. But I was not scared.

We were only a couple of yards away, and I pulled back my arm, and then swung at the orc who saw me. I watched as the orcs head sailed across the plain. We kept charging into the crowd of beast. 

I sliced everything at my feet, and I looked to my right and saw Eowyen and Merry doing the same. Hebethy was doing a good job with keeping up next to them. 

The orcs started running away from us and to the river. Some of the soilders cheered that we had drove them back. But something didn't feel right, and I looked up from the orcs and saw a scary sight.