Preparing, Training, and Tears

I woke up the next morning smiling. I got dressed and grabbed my quiver and bow and my belt with my swords on them. I ran downstairs and went into the dinning hall to get a small bite to eat. I ran around the corner and almost hit someone.

"Arwen!" I said shocked. She wrapped her arms around me, and let go. "What was that for?"

"I heard about the council, what made you want to go?" She asked.

"I not sure" I said lying "A feeling I guess". I could see a pinch of jealousy in her eyes.

I ate some food, and went down to the practice field. Aragorn, Legolas, and Boromir walked with me for they would be training with me. Mostly we would be training the hobbits.

We arrived in a big clearing. There were boards with assorted weapons on them ranging from a small wooden sticks (used for beginners) to long sharp sword, to axes. There were a couple of benches. I sat down on one to wait for Merry and Pippin to arrive.

After about 10 minutes I grew impatient. "I'm going to the shooting range. Call me when they come" I said getting up and walking to the shooting range behind a corner of trees.

"I think I'll go too" Said Legolas following my foot steps. I got a little irritated. He followed me around the corner. I looked and saw about five targets ranging from closest to farthest. I went to the fathest one.

I grabbed my bow from my shoulder, and pulled out one of my purpled feathered arrows from my quiver. I put it into place and pulled back the string on my bow, I touched my hand to my face I took aim. I could feel Legolas watching me as I did this. I released the string, and watched as my arrow sailed into the middle of the target.

"You've gotten better." Legolas said walking closer to me.

"I have had a long time to practice." I said sending a subtle hint in his direction. I could tell he noticed.

"I have gotten better also." He said taking out his bow and an arrow. I watched as he took aim and then released it. I saw it sail and hit the target. I ran to look.

As I got closer my eyes got bigger. I saw that he had split my arrow in half completely and the place where my arrow stuck was know taken by his arrow. I heard him walk up behind me. "So, what do you think?" He asked.

I was impressed but I still wasn't ready to forgive him. "I need these arrows." I said crossly picking up the two halves of my arrow.

I heard Aragorn yell our names from beyond the trees. So Legolas and I went back to the clearing.

I saw that the hobbits had arrived. Aragorn watched me as I approached, I could see that he noticed my facial expression, which was a mad face. Then I saw him look to Legolas as to get an explination. Once we were close enough Aragorn started to talk.

"Today we are going to be teaching you the basics of sword fighting." He said looking to the four hobbits. They all nodded. "Here are some defense moves" He and Boromir fought eachother. I watched. Then he showed them some offensive moves. "Okay now I am going to pair you up." He said.

He and Boromir were partnered. Frodo and Sam, Merry and Pippin, and me and Legolas. I sighed.

Legolas and I found a clear spot away from everyone else. I grabbed my two small swords and he grabbed his. I twirled them as we circled eachother.

"Okay, ready.. go" Aragorn said. Legolas and I charged at eachother. Our blades collided. We branished our swords. All you could hear were the clanking of metal hitting metal. Legolas sent one of my swords flying, which met I only had one sword left. I saw him about to sweep my legs. I jumped and ran to get my other sword. I grabbed it and we began to hit agian.