Reality, With a Twist - Reveilance

I opened my eyes. They tried to adjust to the light outside. I noticed I fell asleep in the lawn chair. I heard a moan from my side and saw Brittany in a lawn chair beside me passed out. She was so sweet sometimes. I picked her up and went inside. I put her on the couch and did some stretching. I walked into the kitchen and looked at the time on the microwave. It read 7:03am. That meant I didn't get a lot of sleep. But it was an acceptable amount.

"...No, don't." Brittany whispered in her sleep. I approached her and got on my knees. I put my arms over her and my head against her heart. It was very comfy.

"Please... Clyde don't." She spoke out again. Now I was getting worried. 

"Brittany, are you ok?" I asked quietly against her. 

I then saw a tear come from her eye. And I started rubbing her nose. She sneezed and fell off the couch to the floor. 

"Way to be a dick while I'm sleeping Clouse." She said in anger, as she lifted herself to her feet. 

"You were having a nightmare, I didn't want you like freaked for the rest of the day." I replied. I then stood up onto my feet.

"Well thanks I guess." She replied back. She then turned around away from me and had a huge stretch. She then yawned and scratched her back. She scratched over where the bruise was and flinched. 

"You really should tell her today Brittany." I said with concern.

"I know... But give me some time." She replied back. She then turned to me and smiled. I licked my thumb and wiped it on her face. She gave me such a dirty look.

"Oh now you're getting it!" She screamed out with a evil smirk.

"Only if you can catch me!" I screamed back. I ran out from the room and out to the front yard. I dashed down the sidewalk with her right behind me. That's when I turned and saw Clyde sitting on the step with a beer. Brittany's steps grew smaller. She eventually stopped and went behind me. We both stared towards him. Brittany had a bit of a shake going on. He started smiling.

"Hey there kids, so how's your day?" Clyde said, then he took a gulp of his beer.

"We're fine. We were actually just going to the store." I replied with anger. I was ready to attack him for hurting her.

"Well you better have fun, and Brittany. Be a good girl." Clyde replied with a chuckle.

He took another drink and got up. He crushed the can in his hand and threw it into the garbage at the side of the step. And he walked inside.

Brittany stopped shaking and started walking towards the store. I trailed behind.

"He's such a dick. I hope he dies." Brittany spewed out in hurtful remark.

"It's ok, soon he won't touch you." I replied back with assurance. 

"No, you just hope that." She replied with honesty.

I stopped for a second to focus on it. It was true. Her mother could deny her daughter telling the truth. But if it came to that, I would take Brittany. And the police would be informed of it all.

I started walking again. And I put my arm around her shoulders. 

"It will be fine." I replied.

She just kept walking. And so did I. 

We got to the store and I didn't know what to get. I didn't think about buying anything to be honest. Then I grabbed for my wallet. I realized I was still in my pajamas. 

"We have to go back I forgot..." Brittany stopped me mid-sentence.

"It's ok. I got it covered. You help me all the time, I'll help you." She said with a smile.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the chips. She grabbed 2 bags of 3 cheese dorritos and then she rushed me over to the ice cream. She bought a pail of ice cream to share while she was over. Her mood had completely reversed. She was so sad she could die. And now she was just smiles and butterflies. 

She walked up to the cashier and purchased the items. And I carried the bags home. When we passed her house we both looked. The lights were off. Didn't look like anyone was home. I heard a sigh of relief come from her. I turned to her and smiled. She smiled back.

We got to my house without a word said. I unlocked the door and she rushed up the stairs to the bathroom. I could hear water running. I could guess she was taking a bath. She basically could live with me. I went into my room and looked at the bed. She seemed to follow me anyway so I layed down on it. Some time passed and I heard the bathroom door open. She walked in, and I looked at her. She was wearing a towel on her body, and a towel on her head. She smiled. And then she signaled me to look away. She got changed and layed beside me. And that was the end of the first day of summer.