Reality, With a Twist - Released

I awoke in a bed. I quickly rised and jumped off from it. I had a silky robe on my body, and my armor lay on the ground next to me. My spear was gone, I searched the room and found nothing. I opened the door and saw another room. Stairs were at my feet. I proceeded down them and heard a grunt. I jumped back and lifted my arms for a fight. The ogre was sitting there staring off with me. "Stupid ogre." I whispered to him with a smirk. He had his stomach bandaged bandaged.

"I'm going to kill you!" He yelled out. He stood up quick, obviously he was healed, or the pain didn't matter. He struck his arm across towards me and I ducked. He smashed a line of destruction right through the wall. I bent my legs to run and I had to stop. I was not healed, I was simply left in the state I began. My body reeked with pain.

Out from the corner of my eye I saw the boy from before come running towards me. When he was no more then 5 feet away, I turned my body and grabbed him. Using him as a human meat shield. 

"Let go of me! Why do you think you're alive!" The boy cried out.

"No chance." I replied back to him. But then I realised that the mage had told me he would destroy me. Why was I alive?

"Drop him you human scum." The ogre whispered under his breath. He was breathing hard, the anger poured right out of his body like steam from the engine of a machine.

"Relinquish my belongings and I shall release your friend." I answered back. I felt it was a fair trade. I also had no more doing there, as the man I had come for turned out to be much greater then I had expected.

 "I'll go get your junk." The ogre said as he walked off. I let go of some grip on the boy. He pulled away.

"What's your problem!" He screamed. I turned to him.

"Shut up. I have no business with you." I replied. I saw the ogre coming back with my spear in his hand.  He glanced at me, then at the boy. He hesitated, but then threw over my spear. I caught it, and walked. I had no business with them anymore.

"That's right, leave, you scum." The ogre yelled. I kept walking, I didn't care very much for retaliating towards his un-offensive words.

________________________________________________________________________________

Clouse Renegade ~

As the man walked away I truly realized what it was like to be human. You only have one ally, and that ally, is yourself. I was friends with all sorts of magical creatures and beings, but he could only be friends with another human. It was quite sad in my view, and I didn't hate him for what he had done. He must of done it for a reason. I also had a feeling, I would see him again.

"Clouse, I don't know why you let that stupid man walk away when he'll be back again, but at the same time I feel pity for the bastard. I also recieved post for you." Faeir said it in relief like he would have let Hellac live himself. 

"I just feel that, everyone can relate with him. He's sad and lonely, and if getting ahead himself is the only way he knows of getting somewhere in his life, I don't see punishing him helping anyone." 

"He tried to kill Seir, I would say that's not something we just let happen." 

"With how powerful Seir is, I personally don't think we need to watch out for him. You said you had a letter for me?"

"Yes, from the Kingdom of Throth."

I grabbed the letter, but I also realised I hadn't heard from Brittany. I turned to see her sitting on the stairs. She looked devistated. 

"Brittany?"

"I'm sorry! I tried! I don't know what I'm supposed to do! I'm so bad at this!" 

"Whoa, calm down. What are you so bad at, what are you talking about?"

"When that man attacked Faeir, I couldn't stop him. I'm supposed to be so strong and powerful but he swept me away like a fly. You jumped into action and saved Faeir."

"Whoa, hold on. If we think about what happened, that man could of, and would have killed me, if not for you guys. I also didn't stop him or use any powers or anything. I ran and screamed for help like a little kid. I was scared and didn't know what to do."

Before I was able to continue to attempt to calm her down Faeir put his hand on my shoulder. I looked up and he smiled. He walked up to Brittany, who stood no taller than his belly button. He put his arms around her very slightly, as his stomach must have hurt. "You did a very fine job, thank you Brittany." She embraced his words and put her arms around him. Or we could say touched him because there's no possible way she would get her arms around him. 

The air cooled, everyone seemed happy. I opened to letter to a big surprise that actually made my gut rise in anticipation. "We just got invited to a castle to stay for a royal feast. It says we have to be there by the night of tomorrow."

"How do we get there? Shouldn't we figure out how to leave this place?" Brittany  was hyper, crazy, lost and confused. We wanted out, but there was always something to pull us back in. I almost completely forgot about home. Life was boring, uneventful, straight forward. Back home I didn't know blood magic, wasn't feared as a demon, and didn't have this many friends. Back home Brittany lived hell. Why would we go back?

"Brittany, do you truly want to leave a place of wonder to go back to a place of abuse?"

She didn't have to answer, anyone could answer that. Faeir showed us to Seir. Seir told us he had stripped the coin purse from Hellac when he was uncontious and there should be enough money to get us from the village to Throth and back. Perhaps more. We headed to the pub and had some meat, from some kind of animal. We then headed for the carts to head on our journey to the King of Throth.