Chapter 19

Aphmau's POV

It's been almost a week since the storm, about five days. And the ball is tomorrow. Azura, from Bright Port, is over visiting, and will be staying for the dance. Cadenza has finished making all the outfits, and Kawaii~Chan is done with the food. Nothing really happened all week, well, we saw Zane a few times and we chased him off a few times, but we never caught him. And we can't put him in jail, well, we're not supposed to, unless he's in the village walls. And we don't have walls, so if he is within ten blocks from the edge, he is in Phoenix Drop. But he always remained around fifteen blocks away.
Ugh, I wish we could form an alliance.
An alliance of my sword to Zane's face. Or maybe a really heavy book.
FACEBOOK!!! (Why did I even leave this in? I could've taken it out but I didn't. Whai?!)

-----The next day-----

I was in my beautiful purple dress, and my black hair had been curled. Ready to go, I made my way to the plaza. Cadenza had even made Levin a little suit. Malachi, being a ghost, kinda just appeared himself into his outfit. The plaza was buzzing with people from the town. I noticed Lucinda had come in a black and purple dress, and was talking with Laurance. Azura was chatting with everyone, as expected, and Nicole was on the dance floor with Dante. Ooh now I ship #dancole . Fun!
Garroth walked over to me. He said nothing but pulled me over to the dance floor and started dancing. Laughing, I joined him, and soon enough, everybody had paired off with each other. Even Malachi was dancing with Iris. Everyone was dancing somewhere except for Levin, Kyle, and Alexis. They were over by the desserts table, eating cookies. Kawaii~Chan had made enough for the entire Phoenix Alliance, plus some, so I was okay with the children eating dessert. After we had danced and talked for about an hour and a half, we all sat down to eat something. I sat at a table with Laurance and Kawaii~Chan, who were eating some amazing looking blackberry pie. Garroth came and sat down next to me, holding two plates of strawberry cake. Mm! My favourite!

After we ate, I took Malachi, Iris, Levin, Kyle, and Alexis all back to Garroth's place for some sleep. We had five sleeping bags that we had set up so they could have a sleepover. As I was coming back to the party, I noticed someone watching me.

Zane.

I walked up to him,many surprisingly, he didn't run away. He just stood there, smirking.

"You're not going to ruin a party night of fun for the village." I stated as a matter of factly.
"I didn't plan to. And I know you can't do anything to me here. I'm exactly eleven blocks away."
"Then what are you-"
"I came to tell you, that my brother, your boyfriend, is flirting with another lady. And he said he was going to leave you."

I shouldn't believe anything Zane says, but my fear is coming in anyway.

"W-Who? Who is this o-other woman?"
"None other than one of the guards at Bright Port. You might know Azura, yes?"

I gasped. It couldn't be true, it is coming from Zane after all. But Azura did have feelings for Garroth, and maybe he decided to return them. I shouldn't believe it, Garroth would never do something like that. Azura is like Garroth's Laurance, but much less persistent. Garroth would never leave me.

Would he?

Tears formed in my eyes as I turned and ran. Zane followed me but at a distance. I didn't even care. I ran past the plaza, past all the houses, past Kiki's barn and I ran into the forest. Nobody knew I was out here, and I lost all my energy. Falling to the ground, I cried. I cried until I had no more tears left.

Garroth's POV

Where was Aphmau? I had no idea where she was, it shouldn't take that long to put the children to bed. She should be back. I was starting to get worried, when I heard crying, and running footsteps. Looking around I saw Zane, running past. Jumping in front of him, I already knew he had something to do with Aphmau's disappearance.
"What did you do?!" I gave him my coldest glare, around absolute zero. Yay, for science, but this is a bad time.
I just gave me a smirk and tried to run past, but I grabbed his arm and pulled him back as hard as I could.
"What. Did. You. Do. With. My. Girlfriend." I repeated. He just gave me another smirk and said:
"As much as you know it's a lie, you still believe it and try to hide from it." And off he ran.

Aphmau's POV

I felt weak. I couldn't move, I had cried out my last tear, and I was ready to just give up. My whole life was a lie. And I really loved Garroth. I still do, and that is why I cry. Not even because he was flirting with Azura, but he said he was going to leave me. That is why I cry.

I just sat on the forest floor in silence, before I heard rustling behind me. I turned around, just in time to be hit it the face with something hard. And I blacked out.

When I woke up, I was in a cell, in a cave. My feet were chained to the wall, making it impossible to even get up. In front of me, I saw Zane, and two of his guards. They were leaving, talking about terrorizing the rest of the village now that they had me.

I didn't know what to do. I was alone, in a dark cave, probably close to Phoenix Drop, because I could still hear the music and people laughing at the party. I wonder if anyone had noticed I was gone yet. I just needed to contact someone. But I had no way to communicate-

Wait.
Communicate.

The communication amulet I had from Garroth, of course! He had said to break it if I was ever in trouble. As much as I didn't want to talk to him, I still pulled the blue pendant from my pockets. The guards had taken my backpacks, but they hadn't check my pockets.
I spoke the word 'cave' into it, and flung it against the stone wall.
And it shattered.

A/N-- Hihi!! :) Do you hate me? Hopefully not, because you guys are what motivate me to keep writing. So, yeah. I just wanted to say that the next chapter, will also be the last. But I am also up for making a sequel, although I still need title ideas. So keep those coming. And lastly, I need to know what you guys like more.

1: Tanzanite (Blue)
2: Alexandrite (Colour Changing)
3: Malachite (Green and Swirly)

Pics are on Instagram if you can't see it here.
Bai! :D

~Ninja