Chapter 6

Garroth's POV

Laurence has been busy with the news ever since we got back. It was late, and the streets were empty. So I gently woke Aphmau and walked with her to her house. Once she was home safely, I made my way back to my home, got in bed, and went to sleep. I woke up and grabbed my list of things to supervise. I lost my armour and weapons, so I am just supervising everyone else until I get the chance to order myself new gear. I went outside for my guard duties, and Dante and Lucinda were waiting for me.
"Did you really confess to her?!"
"What motivated you to do it? And we're you planning to tell her or did it just happen?"
"Woah, guys, calm down. Yes, I confessed to Aphmau, no it wasn't planned, and Laurence was being a jerk. It's not a big deal." Although, in my head, it was a HUGE deal.  I really expected her to be angry or upset. Instead, it was mere shock. Which is normal. Perfectly normal.

Aphmau's POV

I woke up the next day with Zoey, Kiki, Donna, Logan, Molly, And Kawaii~Chan at my door.
"We heard rumours about you and Garroth. Are they true? Did he really confess?" They all said at once. I felt like I was in an anime, where all the main character's friends talked in synchronization. You know, all the anime shows out there.
"Uh, yeah, actually." I cautiously stated, slowly backing inside to get away from everyone. I closed the door and headed downstairs to check on Levin. I was glad I gave Zoey the day off. Or she would still be here questioning me.

-----Later That Day-----

The new armour and weapons for Garroth came in today. I wanted to go give them to Garroth, but my new entourage wouldn't leave my front door. I decided to keep them in my backpack until I could leave peacefully. I will admit, I got pretty bored in my house while Levin napped. But me and Malachi played with the dogs and gave them some deserved TLC. Around noon, I was preparing some steaks and I heard a voice from outside.
"Okay guys, it's time to leave Lady Aphmau's house. She probably doesn't need the paparazzi after her right now." It said.
It was him. I heard shuffling outside and a knock at my door.
"Garroth! Thank you! I couldn't leave all day." I proclaimed as I opened the door.
"No problem, Lady Aphmau. I was wondering if I could talk to you..." He replied.
"Of course! Would you like some lunch? I'm making steak." I offered.
He nodded and I let him inside.
"I have been getting questioned all day, Lady Aphmau, about...last night. As have you, I assume. I have been getting Zane's guards spying on me too, so I had to lock them in the cells. I wanted to sincerely thank you for the guard tower you built me a while back. And I realized that a mere thank you wasn't enough so I got you something. It isn't much, but I saw it and it reminded me of you so, I got it. I hope you like it." He said as he held out a heart shaped necklace with a large purple gem in the middle, and small purple gems outlining it.
"Garroth...I-It's beautiful..." I whispered, "Will you put it on me?"
He started blushing. "Oh, uh... sure." He said as he helped put the necklace on me. (Yes, it is the one in the title picture)
"It looks beautiful of you." He awkwardly stated. We stayed silent for a bit, when suddenly, a loud beeping broke the silence.
"AAH!! I FORGOT ABOUT THE STEEEEAAAAK!!!" I yelled as my furnace caught fire.
"GET LEVIN AND MALACHI, AND GET OUTSIDE!" Garroth yelled in response.
I did as he instructed and grabbed Levin from his crib, grabbed Malachi by the wrist, and pulled them into the yard.
"Take Levin, and go find Zoey." I instructed my terrified ghost son. He nodded and off he ran. As I turned back to my now, burning house, I burst into tears. Not because of my house, but because Garroth was risking his life for me, again, by putting out the fire. Realizing that I needed to do something, I smashed the nearest window, and jumped through. I ran into the basement. I grabbed a frantic Garroth by the hand and pulled him up the stairs. I kicked the flaming door and it fell to the ground. Pulling us both outside and down to the docks, I fell, gasping for air. I closed my eyes, and just let myself be still for a moment. Then I remembered something. The armour and weapons I had for Garroth. I still had them in my backpack. I sat up to face Garroth.
"I know this is the absolute worst time, but I know how you lost your gear when you saved me from the lake, so I had a new set specially ordered for you." I said as I gave him each piece. Helmet, chest-plate, leggings, boots, sword and shield.
"Lady Aphmau, you didn't have to do this...I-This is too much." He stuttered, obviously in awe.
"Nonsense, Garroth, you deserve it. You've saved my life twice in the last week and a half, and lost your possessions in the process. And please, just call me Aphmau."
"Th-Thank you, Aphmau..."
I smiled. Then I saw two figures running towards us. Laurence and Dante.
"Are you guys okay?! Malachi told us what happened, and we cam as fast as we could, but you weren't at your house, then we saw you down here.
Suddenly remembering the house, I yelped.
"Oh! My house is still burning isn't it?" I said as a matter of factly. "Where will I stay?"
It was now that both Laurence and Dante turned to look at Garroth. Well, this is going to get super awkward, isn't it?
"Uh, I have some spare bed at my place, if you want to come stay with me..." Garroth awkwardly offered.
"Yeah, it would be wrong for Aphmau to live with one of us, because #garmau, right?" Dante stated.
"Huh?"
"Wha-?"
"What even."
"Ugh, never mind."

A/N-- Hai! So, originally, the fire was going to be a random haha moment, but they've had to deal with someone almost drowning, a love confession, the paparazzi, and several awkward conversations, so why not add a huge fire to the list. Ugh, drama, am I right? Also, this is the longest chapter so far, and the longer the Author's Note, the longer the chapter, so I will be going now. Bye!!

~Ninja