Chapter 5

This chapter will be the same as the Roleplay Side Story that it is based off of. Except for one plot twist..

Garroth's POV

After searching for a while, I finally found my party. I walked up to Aphmau.

"Grr, Aphmau, I found my spot."
"Great! Is it open?"
"No. Of course it wouldn't be. It might have been if it weren't for Zane trying to stop us. That's why he sabotaged our carriage. Grr, I swear, when I get my hands on Zane..." (Sorry if I make any dialogue mistakes. I'm just going by memory)
"Why don't we fight him for the spot?" She suggested.
"R-Really? You think we should?"
"Of course, he cheated to get here!" She hesitated.
"Y-You're right. Let's go confront him. Um... Maybe you should put on something that isn't that bathing suit...you know, so Zane doesn't get distracted..." Then Laurence decided to but in.
"What?! No, Lord Aphmau, this is the beach and you're meant to wear that swimsuit if you please! Plus, it makes you look very empowering and beautiful."
What?! I could feel the anger bubbling up inside of me already. Laurence knows about my wishful thinking, and it is just like him to steal her away from me.
"What?! How could you say something like that to her?!" I cried.
"Because I'm not afraid of my feelings Garroth's! Aphmau well knows I like her as more than a lord, AND A FRIEND!"
Huh? This was news to me, although thinking back, I guess it was pretty obvious. And I could actually see how awkward Aphmau was feeling. A lot.
"Y-You Do?!" I stuttered. This was not okay. One more comment and I will snap. My closest friend is making me very angry right now.
"YEA, I DO!! YOU WANNA MAKE SOMETHING OF IT?! IF YOU LIKE HER GARROTH, YOU SHOULD TELL HER. I MEAN IT'S PRETTY DARN OBVIOUS..." He yelled.

"FINE!!" I snapped, turning to Aphmau," Aphmau, I have feelings for you. Very strong feelings that make me nervous whenever you're around and make me stutter when I talk to you. I can't control you, Lady Aphmau, but I hope that someday, you can return my feelings."
"I didn't think he would actually do it..." Laurence said, his face turning to a look of utter shock.
Realizing what I had said, I hung my head. Tears were forming in my eyes and I didn't even care. There was a long silence of us just standing there. Then Aphmau spoke.
"Garroth... how long have you been keeping this?" She asked quietly.
I looked up to face her. She was blushing rather intensely, and she was crying. "I guess, ever since I met you..." I replied, just as quietly.
"I'm just going to leave..." Laurence said as he took Levin by the hand and walked off.
"But why? Why did you stay quiet for so long? It must have been killing  you!" She whispered. Then she started sobbing, so much that she began to lose her balance. I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her, in a tight hug and told her to follow me. We walked behind Sasha's workplace, behind the volleyball nets, over a small sand hill, and through a group of tall palm trees. Then we came to the place that I wanted to show her. It was a small, private beach that was void of any other people. She gaped at it all.
"It's beautiful." She whispered. Grabbing her hand, I pulled her to the ocean shore and sat down. She sat down next to me, and started crying again. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me.
Garroth...?"
"Yeah..."
"I think I return those feelings." She said as she rested her head on my shoulder. She fell asleep like that, and when the sun started to go down, I carried her back to the carriage.
"Garroth?! Where have you been? I have been searching for you the the past hour! What happened?" Brian asked as soon as I reached the wagon. Then he noticed me holding Aphmau and he asked, "Did you-" I grinned and nodded. "Aw congrats dude! I would bro-hug you, but I can see you have your hands full right now don't you?"
I climbed into the wagon to see that Levin was sound asleep on Laurence's lap. Laurence mouthed the words Good Job to me and I smiled. Laying Aphmau down on one of the benches, I sat down beside Laurence and Levin, and silently promised Aphmau that I would guard her with my life.

A/N-- You love me don't you. Woooo ships are sailing! Yay! And no, Garroth's silent promise is not the reference to the title. So don't worry, the book will go on! So I know that it it really early in the book for love confessions, but remember, Garroth knew Aphmau before the book even takes place. And it's a fanfic so I can do whatever I want.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will see you all next time! Bai!

~Ninja