Chapter 16

Aphmau's POV

Summer's reaction was no different. She just gasped and tears formed in her eyes. There have been a lot of tears shed recently.

"I-I-I..." Laurance stuttered. It was clear that he knew something we didn't. "You're alive...?"
Both Laurance and Summer were getting teary and looked like they were about to cry.
"L-Laurance... I remember...My past...And who I am." She began to cry. Laurance just stood there, frozen in place, with the most shocked look on his face. Nicole began to calm, her down, and Laurance finally got off the boat. Without another word he approached Summer, or whoever she is. She says she remembers her past, she'll probably want to go back to her old name. She stopped crying and ran off into the town. Neither Nicole, nor Laurance go after her. By now, Molly, Dale, and Emma have gone back to their homes, so it's just me, Nicole, and Laurance on the dock. 

"You...know her?" Nicole asked finally, breaking the silence.

"Yes, we go back to before I came to Phoenix Drop, before I even met Lady Aphmau. She was the girl who lived next to me. We were great friends. She would bring me lunch on my guard duties, and I would play with her and watch her when her mother was away. Her mother was a messenger for the lord of Meteli, but she also collected information about the villages she was delivering for. Like a spy, but not evil or to prepare for war.But, anyways, back to her daughter, I even began to teach her how to sword fight. She was my closest friend after Sasha, and she was the sweetest little girl. Her Father died when she was really little, of reason that I do not know, so she lived with her mother. Her mom loved her to death, but one day, when she was out on a trip, I received a letter from the lord of O'khasis that her mother had been trespassing in the village walls, and causing disruptions late at night, so she had been put in prison there. We later heard news that she had tried to escape, and was killed by the high priest, who is Zane. Iris was-" I cut him off.

"Iris?"

"The little girl who ran into the village a few minutes ago? She said something about remembering? Ring a bell?"

"She had lost her memory in the forest, so we called her Summer. At least we know her real name now. We can ask her later on which she prefers. But back to the story." Nicole interfered.

"Iris was devastated when I told her the news. She went into foster care, but her foster mother was mean. Like, a real jerk, to all the children. I visited her as often as I could, but one day she just disappeared. And that was the last I saw of her. I thought she died. Thats what her foster mother said, and I guess everybody just assumed the same. She didn't even get a search party. I missed her so much." Laurance finished. 

"Why didn't you just adopt her?" Nicole asked. She was right. Laurance could have just adopted her and saved her from going missing, and a mean foster jerk.

"I considered it, but I feared that I would be unable to care for her with all my guard duties, so I decided against it. But now that she's back..." He turned to Nicole, "I can tell that you're connected to her too, and you wanted to take care of her. But can I take care of her sometimes? We could arrange something so you have her when I'm on duty, and vise-versa. We would just ask Garroth to never put us on duty at the same time."

"Of course, I know you are probably really happy to see her, and I don't mind if she has someone to look after her when I'm on duty."

"Great, then its settled. We should all head to bed. It's been a hectic few days. Even on a boat, it gets tiring." 

I yawned. "Good, then I will head up to my place. I'm exhausted." As I stretched out and the others laughed.   

I came home to a dashing little girl. Why she was in Garroth's house, I don't know, but she ran up to me.

"Summer, what are you-" 

"Call me Iris. Thats my name, Laurance probably told you. But the little ghost boy upstairs is having nightmares. I was walking past and a heard a thump and I came in and he had fallen out of bed." She explained. 

"I's okay, you can go now. Laurance and Nicole are looking for you. They will tell you the idea then." And with that being said, she ran off.

I quietly went upstairs to check on Malachi. I saw that Garroth was either asleep, or thinking in the dark again. Walking into my room, well, all of our rooms, I saw that Malachi was started to open his eyes. 

He was waking up.

A/N-- Heyy!! :D I am so sorry I didn't update yesterday, I try to update once a day. But I got busy with other stuff and I was unable to update this book. If you don't follow me on Instagram, then I am starting a new book. It is another Minecraft Diaries fan fiction, but it isn't a #garmau fan fiction. It is more about my fantasies about Minecraft Diaries. Spoiler, my made up character, Luna, that I described in chapter 9, will be in it. And she will be a boss. But that is all I have to say, and if you are reading this, comment #promisewithninjaisthebestgarmauexperienceofalltime

Long, I know.

Baii!!

~Ninja