Chapter 2

Garroth's POV

As we walked through the forest I slowly collected myself. We walked for about ten minutes before we cam to Tsumetai Kokoro Lake, which is Japanese for Cold Heart Lake.

We sat down by the shore and she dangled her bare feet in the water. I looked at her. She was beautiful. And not like the people who have natural outer beauty. If I had seen her before coming to Phoenix Drop, she would have been any ordinary girl. But her inner beauty, her kindness, her caring, her understanding, all of it, seem to leave a golden glow which compliments her, and that's why I love her.

She subconsciously rested her head on my shoulder and I smiled to myself. We sat in silence, looking out across the water, for about twenty minutes. Then she got up and so did I.

She turned to face me. "What exactly did the others mean earlier?" She asked.

I sighed. Now was as good a time as any to tell her how I really feel. "Well-"

I was about to explain everything to her. My feelings, me asking Laurence for help, Malachi spying on us. Everything. But the land beneath her feet have way and she fell.

Aphmau's POV

I know that Garroth was about to tell me something important. I could see it in his eyes. Something that he had wanted to tell me for a long time. But the ground I was standing on broke and I went crashing into the lake. I hit my head on a rock as I fell, and when I hit water, I frantically splashed around, struggling to stay above water. I felt uncoordinated.
"Help!" I yelped before I slipped under. I was running out of energy. I stopped splashing around and let myself sink.
'This is it' I thought, 'this is the end of me.'
And everything went black.

Garroth's POV

Frantically, I ripped off my remaining armour. My helmet had a huge dent in it so I couldn't wear it. Not even thinking of clothes, I dropped my weapons and jumped in.

Diving under, I forced my eyes to stay open. Looking around, I spotted her. It looked as if she had lost conciseness, either from exhaustion, or from hitting her head. I swam over to where she was and grabbed her wrist, for the first time. Normally I would start blushing, but there was no time for that. Aphmau was drowning. I pulled her up to the surface and started to panic. I pulled her onto dry land and tried to think back to guard training. I remembered that you were never supposed to leave someone when they were hurt. You were supposed to yell as loud as you can, to try to get help. I didn't think Phoenix Drop was that far away. So I yelled.
"HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping that someone heard it. I continued making noise by clanging pieces of my armour together. Sure enough, within fifteen minutes, both Laurence and Dante came running through the forest on two of the village horses.
"GARROTH?!?! WHAT HAPPENED?!" Laurence screamed as Dante rushed over to Aphmau's side.
"Aphmau...Talking...Confession...Fell...Drowning..." I tried to explain, out of breath.
"Wait, what?! You were going to confess? I knew you had it in you!" Laurence exclaimed smiling.
"Laurence, this is the absolute worst time for this." Dante said.
"Yeah Laurence." I said
"Why aren't you doing anything then?" Laurence questioned me.
"I, uh. Oh." I said sheepishly. I knew he was right. I took the same guard course he did. I should have been doing something instead of just panicking.
Realizing what I was thinking, Laurence spoke, "It's okay bro. You panicked. We understand. By the way, I'm sorry about embarrassing you earlier. It was un-called for."
"It's fine," I replied, "I should have been watching where I was going."
"Are we good?"
"We're good."
"So here's what we'll do. Me and Dante will take Angel, back, and you will take Aphmau back on Midnight apiece she starts waking up. Until then, we wait."
"We won't have to wait long. She's waking up now." Dante called. He and Laurence walked over to Angel, the pure white village horse. I was glad they chose Angel and Midnight. They're the fastest in the village. I walked over to Aphmau, as she opened her eyes. Before she could say anything, I told her to keep calm as I scooped her up into my arms and carried her to Midnight, the black horse with a white star on his forehead. I climbed on with her still on my lap, and told Midnight to go home. Thank goodness that expensive horse training came in handy.

We had to take the long way because the horses couldn't fit in the narrow path that we had walked just over an hour and a half ago.
"Are we all good?" I heard Laurence call from up ahead.
"Check!" I called back.
"Ow!" Aphmau exclaimed softly, reminding me to keep it down.
"Sorry." I  replied just as softly.
"What were you going to tell me earlier?"
"That's not important now. Now, we need to get you home."

A/N--
Hai! Do you hate me? He was so close to confessing, which hasn't happened yet in the YouTube series. Keep in mind that if you are reading in the future that the newest episode is episode 75, Shadow Of Pikoro. So if I has confessed, then I will have seen it!
:3
So I hope you enjoyed the chapter.
BAI!

~Ninja