Chapter 10

Aphmau's POV

After dropping Malachi and Levin off, I made my way to Cadenza's place. She promised to make me a dress for my date with Garroth. I walked in and down the stairs to find Cadenza and Cookie, my dog, working very hard on something. I can't see what but I get the feeling it's none of my business.
"Hey, Cadenza." I say as I walk up to her.
"Oh, hey, Aphmau! I'm done your dress if you want to try it on. I think you'll like it." She offered as she walked up to one of her outfit stand things. She turned around and handed me a beautiful blue dress, with purple flowers on it. Garroth told me where you were going, and this is perfect for the occasion.
"Where are we going?" I asked. Garroth hadn't told me, he wanted it to be a surprise. But o can't help but be curious.
"Sorry, I can't tell you, I'm sworn to secrecy. The curiosity must be killing you." She said, shooting me a sympathetic smile. I just grinned and nodded and headed to her dressing room to try on the dress.
"Cadenza..." I called from the dressing room a few minutes later.
"Yes?"
"How are you so amazing at making dresses?!"
"So I take it you like it?"
"Like it?" I stammered, "Like it?! Oh no, Cadenza, I LOVE IT!! There is a huge difference."

-----A Short While Later-----

"Are you ready to go?" Garroth asked as I walked out of my room.
"Are you ready to tell me where we're going?" I questioned back, and then added, "Yes, I'm ready."
"Good. You look beautiful, but the way."
"Aww, thank you! You don't look too bad yourself." And he didn't. He was out of his armour, and in a new pair of jeans, and a plain red shirt, which complimented his ocean blue eyes, and golden hair. He also had a medium sized black backpack, which I don't know what it's for.
We walked out the door and once again, I asked where we were going, but all I got in response was a 'you'll see'. He took me by the hand and led me into the forest. We walked past Tsumetai Kokoro Lake, past a dark cave and into a large clearing. We were complete, sheltered from wind by the trees, and the golden light from the setting sun through the leaves looked like it was glowing, almost enchanted. Wildflowers were scattered throughout, and the grass was long and soft, but not overgrown. Needless to say, it was a sight worth seeing.
"I was originally going to take you to a fancy restaurant, but I had a feeling you would like this more." He said as we sat down in the grass and started digging through his backpack.

Before he could find what he was looking for, an arrow shot right past my ear, causing me to scream. Looking around, I noticed Zane, standing a few meters away. Garroth quickly pulled his sword out of his backpack, why he brought his sword, I don't know, but I was glad he did. He rushed towards Zane, swinging his sword like a madman. Zane whipped out his sword and BAM! Instant sword fight. I couldn't watch, so I buried my face in my knees, and started to cry. Eventually, I looked up, just in time to see Zane smack Garroth across the face with his sword. Garroth fell to the ground and dropped his sword. Zane turned towards Garroth, who was now without defences, and raised his sword. Thinking quickly, I picked up Garroth's sword, ran towards Zane, and smashed the sword against the back of his head. Not enough to actually cut him, but it's hard enough to make him lose his balance and stumble off into the woods. I ran to Garroth and helped him up. He had a thin red on he face, but it wasn't bleeding. It was a pretty minor cut, hardly enough to do any damage. Even still, I felt worry over him.
"Are you okay?" I asked him as he got up.
"Yeah I'm fine, but what about you? Are you hurt?"
"No, but-"
"Then that's all that matters. I'm sorry, I just wanted to take you out on a romantic evening, though I knew Zane had been watching us all day."
"What?" This was new to me, "Why didn't you tell me?"
He hesitated, "I didn't want to worry you, or the children. So I kept watch out for him all day,but didn't say anything. And it's my fault that our date was ruined."
"Ruined? Says who it was ruined?! If your cut doesn't hurt too much, we can still enjoy our evening. That is, if you want to..."
"You mean, you're still willing to be out here? Even after what just happened?" He stammered.
"Of course, why not? Zane is gone and we have to whole forest-"

Suddenly, he pressed his lips into mine.

He kissed me.

A/N-- OMG YASS!!!!! I have wanted this from the beginning, but I needed to wait until the time was right. And now I have a huge wave of relief. Lucky me! =) And I'm sorry, but I had to put the whole Zanerina thing in. It was the necessary.
And today's random question is:

On a scale of one to ten, how much do you ship Garroth and Aphmau?

I'll give you a rating of infinity and beyond. (Sorry I had to.)

Baii!! =D

~Ninja