Chapter 1

Rose's P.O.V

Beep beep beep

I groaned rolling over slamming my hand on top of my alarm clock mumbling, "I hate the damn sound this thing makes I should ask mom to take me to get a new one." I sighed and got up from the bed heading to my closet putting on a dark blue tank top, black skinny jeans, and black converse. Brushing my hair and putting it into a pony tail I headed downstairs skipping every other step.

Walking into the kitchen I was tackled by someone who had pitch black hair just like my uncles giggling, I rolled over looking up at my cousin Matthew who was around six. "Happy birthday Rosey!!!!" He shouted, giggling.

Smiling I ruffled his hair, "Thanks buddy where's Amber?" I asked

"She's with mommy and daddy getting your presents!" He said. Getting up I held him in my arms since that was his favorite place to be and walked to the living room just in time to see Aunt Sapphire to throw Uncle Sebastian out the window.

"I told you no black decorations! You bumbling idiot!" Aunt Sapphire said

"Auntie it's fine I like black I like blue more but black is just as good." I said walking over to her and hugging her.

"Can you not throw my brother out a window Saph." I looked up to see my mom come down and walk over to me hugging me, "Happy birthday baby." She said it was an awkward hug since she's 7 months pregnant with what's going to be my little sister.

"Sorry (Y/N) but you know how I get when he tries to make EVERYTHING black." Auntie said crossing arms.

My mom just laughed and sat down on the couch slowly I walked over and helped her sit down as I set down Matthew. "Mom where's dad?" I asked.

"He's getting your cake I believe or he should be if he walks in here without the cake he can go out the window like Sebby." She said smirking and I just giggled.

I know the story of what happened between my mom and dad and honestly I'm surprised she wasn't traumatized by some of the stuff she went through. She always said it was worth it that she ended up with me and my dad who where the greatest things that ever happened to her since she came here. Besides finding her brother but I don't know if I would be able to do what she did.

A couple minutes later my dad walked through the door with a cake box that was way larger than a normal sized cake. I think my family forgets how much humans eat sometimes. "Dad how much do you think my friends eat? You bought enough cake to feed all of China." I said

"We can give them cake to take home no big deal we don't need it." He said smiling at me and set the cake down before walking over and hugging me. "Happy birthday sweetheart."

"Thanks dad." I said smiling hugging him back and he went to sit next to my mom pulling her close to him.

One day I want a relationship like my mom and dad. Maybe not go through everything like they did but I want the same love they have..eternal.

About an hour later my friends started showing up of course no boys according to dad's rule, it sounds weird having friends over in the morning but since it was Saturday we figured hey whole day together sounds fun. About five in the afternoon though my friends had to go and my dad basically handed them all a box filled with cake and they left.

"I used to never understand the point of birthday parties always just a human thing." My uncle said.

"Ya well you have to throw two in one year at least we don't have to do that since in five years Rose will be out to college and she will just celebrate with us." Mom said smirking and my uncle just glared but was smiling.

"At least you actually have a big room to throw a party instead of a smallish house." My cousin Amber.

"That's cause we refuse to let your aunt and uncle host the party in their house." Auntie said I just smiled.

Amber and I used to have our birthday parties in the same house but after auntie insisted to move to her own house they had a smaller one and Amber wasn't happy about it. Truth be told she was rather spoiled, not that I wasn't but I usually didn't show it like she did, which is why I had a few more friends then her.  She's also a year younger than me, so she doesn't know as many people.

As I listened to my families back and forth half hearted argument about it the doorbell rang and my mom got up going to go answer it before I heard her gasp in almost fear. We rushed over to see who it was and I could understand what was going on at first two people stood at the door one with pitch black hair and one that looked like it was dyed black they both looked very similar to my mom and uncle cousins maybe?

"Mother, father..." Mom whispered, eyes wide in fear.