Chapter 11.1: Author Notes

This week we have to show off Shezmu! Naturally if you ask why, he has only just recently joined Tendou and wanted to prove his worth to them, as he firmly stepped it up in his fight against Kagutsuchi. Showing quick wits, overwhelming power under pressure and the will to achieve his goals, he's proven himself to be a great asset to Tendou. Hopefully we'll get to show more of him in the future, as well!

~Kensei's Infinity Core Update~

Gotta keep you up to date on his progress, so let's get at it with an updated list! New moves will be discussed separately.

Kitsu's Fox-Fire - Will-O-Wisp Mark (Chapter Four) [Kitsune]
Ryuu's 'Magic' - Triquetta Mark (Chapter Four) [Tahu]
Hachiman's Wind - Tornado Mark (Chapter Four, Relearned Chapter Five) [Hachiman]
Raj's Thunderbird Lightning - Lightning-Winged Bird Mark (Chapter Five) [Thunderbird]
Raijin's Lightning - Circle Of Lightning Mark (Chapter Five) [Raijin]
Cycling Abilities (Chapter Six)
Rapid cycling of abilities & combo-ing abilities (Chapter Seven)
Combining Abiltiies (Chapter Nine)
Tsukuyomi's gravity 'flame' - Moon-mark (Chaper Nine) [Tsukuyomi]
Amaterasu's sun-flame - Sun-mark (Chapter Nine) [Amaterasu]
Susanoo's Water - Bubble-mark (Chapter Ten) [Susanoo]
Raitei - Lightning Ability (Chapter Ten)

Although we've tweaked the list a tad, there's no major difference, only that Raitei has been added which we explained in the previous chapter. We tuned it off more specifically to demonstrate Kensei's power of progress through the chapters, also showing clearly where his powers came from or rather what deity or myth. The list has basically been updated to be more clear.

~Full-Drive: Kagutsuchi~

Just like the appearance of most of the Full-Drives or Drives this chapter, we gave it a classic approach to the roots of old Japanese periods like the Edo period. Down to the classic samurai armor for him, we tweaked a bit to match the property of his flames. Aside form massively increasing their power for a short period of time, it also boosts your abilities in general. We ended up giving him enhanced flames with great offensive power, but also the supportive factor of being able to heal his wounds (to an extent). Second, the thruster shoulderpads worked out great, which he used to burst around quickly in the battle. This is basically the work behind Kagutsuchi's full-drive. Although it doesn't seem too absurd, it does have its use.

Who knows what would've happened if he didn't take the surprise hits in that fight?

~Full-Drive: Shezmu~

We took a different aproach for Shez since first of all we didn't find a lot of info about Shezmu either way and secondly, Blood is an odd power to use. We gave him an odd gauntlet together with slithering snakes on his other hand which in combination form a great offense and sturdy defense together. The massive gauntlet can shapeshift into several forms to enhance it's capabilities. For one, he changed from a blunt gauntlet to a clawed gauntlet for more offensive strength. Second, he turned it into a shield to block several attacks and protect his body and life. Not only this, activating his full-drive gives him a great choice of special or 'ultimate' techniques that he can only perform in his full-drive.

The second thing special about his full-drive is that his weapons are technically 'living' since blood literally flows through them. They're quite much living weapons and can move on their own accord to an extent as well, although 'tamed' by Shezmu. The snakes are also a great weapon to draw in the opponent for a strong strike or even to bind someone down.

~Fūjin Information~

" The Japanese god of the wind and one of the eldest Shinto gods. He was present at the creation of the world and when he first let the winds out of his bag, they cleared the morning mists and filled the space between heaven and earth so the sun shone. He is portrayed as a terrifying dark demon wearing a leopard skin, carrying a large bag of winds on his shoulders.