Chapter 3.1: Author Notes

A chapter that signaled a lot of change and literally changed the situation of everyone in Sacred High means we need a matching 'update' on info. Not only will we 'complete' up the myths / gods we introduced in the last 2 chapters. We didn't get all of them done in the last AN so we'll put them in here instead.

~Hachiman information~

"In Japanese mythology, Hachiman (八幡神 Hachiman-jin/Yahata no kami?) is the syncretic divinity of archery and war, incorporating elements from both Shinto and Buddhism. Although often called the god of war, he is more correctly defined as the tutelary god of warriors. He is also the divine protector of Japan and the Japanese people, and the Imperial house, the Minamoto clan ("Genji") and most samurai worshipped him. The name means "God of Eight Banners", referring to the eight heavenly banners that signaled the birth of the divine Emperor Ōjin. His symbolic animal and messenger is the dove.

Since ancient times Hachiman was worshiped by peasants as the god of agriculture and by fishermen who hoped he would fill their nets with much fish. In Shinto, he became identified by legend as the Emperor Ōjin, son of Empress Jingū. "

Because he is represented by banners and his animal is a dove we decided to give him wind powers. Another expression that can explain this is "the winds of war". He is a god of war and archery, meaning he has a good arsenal of ranged attacks as we've seen and relies on the wind. These powers would make him good at offense as well as defense.

~Hades information~

Unlike many Underworld Gods, Hades is quite affable provided you treat him with respect. And although a dingy and dull place, Hades itself seems to be a very popular joint - Greek heroes are always nipping down there to rescue their mates or consult the dead. But Hades doesn't really approve of these shady goings-on. The Land of the Dead is supposed to be for the dead, alright?

Hades, known to the Romans as Pluto, has an enormous guard dog named Cerberus keeping watch on the entrance to the Underworld. The sign on Hell's Gate does not read 'Beware of the Dog'. It reads: 'Beware of the Three-Headed Serpent-Maned Monster Hound with Slavering Jaws and Deadly Halitosis'. Very few people have ever tried to reason with it."

Hades was the perfect and classical bad guy. There were many things about his hellish flames that we liked in a bad guy. Hades also gave us a great way to fight fire with fire and he has many possibilities (we can easily add allies from his legends or add powers coming from one of his many stories).

~Athena~

"Athena is the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, mathematics, strength, war strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill in ancient Greek religion and mythology. Minerva is the Roman goddess identified with Athena. Athena is portrayed as a shrewd companion of heroes and is the patron goddess of heroic endeavor. She is the virgin patroness of Athens. The Athenians founded the Parthenon on the Acropolis of her namesake city, Athens (Athena Parthenos), in her honour. She is, of course, highly skilled in arts, crafts and matters of intelligence. Her symbol is the owl, and in matters of wisdom she is always right. After all, who's going to argue with a War Goddess?"

Because she's goddess of war and wisdom we like's to have the ability to use her as an offensive healer or a type of supportive role. She had much potential in the story, yet came to a tragic end for the sake of displaying Izanagi's dominating power.