Chapter Nine: Life Or Death

[Bleach OST - Mysterious]

It was a strange moment. Footsteps heard echoing throughout the room, as someone descended down the stairs slowly, step by step. This situation started becoming a bit nerve-wrecking for Kensei, as he was holding his guard up firmly, ready to defend and attack at any given time. Clenching his fists firmly, he was sure this wouldn't end peacefully, especially not with his goal.

To take out all the Gatekeepers and absorb their powers was not just any goal, it was an utmost difficult one. They were rumored to be parallel to Izanagi in terms of power, holding great strength each individually.

However, deep down inside, Kensei knew all too well that None of the gatekeepers could match up to Izanagi. He witnessed his power firsthand, as did several others before like Aki. They all knew how strong and wicked Izanagi was, that's why they couldn't even dream of someone being close to his power at all.

They were limited by their own fear and disbelief. That was one of the feelings he had to overcome for one to be able to face Izanagi again in the future. He knew he had to stand strong either way. He also knew ... He would defeat anyone standing in his way!

Stepping down further, the silhouette of a person started becoming more clear, being lighted up from well, the lights, of course. Silver-coloured hair, about waist-height length. Then, the thing that did strike him as a similarity with Izanagi, were the eyes of this person. These strange red-purple eyes that seemed to have a piercing gaze, staring right into his soul.

This person was clearly a girl, judging off of the chuckle he just heard spreading around the area, a creepy one at that. A fairly light voice but still ever so clear. She was a few notches shorter than Kensei, probably around 5' 5" or something like it. He couldn't get a good estimate in without a ruler of course.

"I do not know who you are, but your little adventure ends here. I suggest you leave. You do not belong here and have no purpose to roam in these parts of the school grounds. Return to the school." She spoke, as Kensei crossed his arms for a moment. Of course he shouldn't be here nor belong here, but he had no choice if he were to complete his goal.

"I do have business here ... I'm here to defeat one of the Gatekeepers and to get their powers. Are you one entitled as a gatekeeper? If so, my business here is with you." He said, looking toward her, yet keeping his guard tight and firm just to be sure.

"I am the gatekeeper of the east, alias 'Tsukuyomi'. All those who stand before me and are against Izanagi will face my wrath ..." She said, clearly starting to become a bit hostile there.

This was an issue at hand that had to be solved. Kensei could only fight to get what he wanted and to become stronger, but what was the purpose of her starting a conversation with him rather than jumping in to eliminate him? Perhaps she was experimenting something and knew more than Kensei thought.

Perhaps she was well aware of who stood before her, ready to fight. What was left to think of? She clearly knew more about this place than he did and she was indeed a gatekeeper. Tsukuyomi was ... A moon goddess, right? What kind of power would a moon goddess have? He couldn't really think of something relevant to the goddess.

Guess he had to find out in a minute once she started the fight, unless she intended on asking more rhetorical questions.

[Air Gear OST - Overkooled]

Kensei steadied his breathing and focused. Tsukuyomi chuckled and winked at him. Was she trying to seduce him? The moon shimmered and made Tsukuyomi's hair shine in the darkness. She stood up and jumped next to where Kensei was standing.