Chapter Eight: Road Of The Exiled

Everything had been black for a while, although not as long as one would think after such an event. It was time for a change of pace, that was the least. It was quiet, dark and literally nothingness. What was he supposed to do? Kensei lost, he couldn't show his face to his allies just like that after doing something so reckless. He wanted to get stronger, but it seems he wasn't strong enough to beat Izanagi without the full-drive, something he's never tried to achieve before.

Being silenced in the middle of the process of achieving a full-drive is like slashing through one's lifeline. It severed his body and his consciousness. Julia managed to fix the connection again with the kiss of the divine. However, right now, they were split up.

Slowly, his eyes opened. Looking up at the ceiling, he let out a sigh. "Beaten again, huh? I guess it's time I take things more seriously ..." Kensei mumbled to himself, rolling to the side. He was in his own room, that was for sure. It was still early. Considering his body was used to the times he got up early for training, he felt as if it were earlier.

Basically, it was just a wild guess, who knows? It didn't really matter, though. He decided he should take a look at things from a different perspective instead of thinking too much about the loss as something negative. Learn from your mistakes, as they say.

"I've lost against Izanagi and that guy that knocked me out. I wasn't expecting him to strike me all of a sudden after the threats that came from Izanagi. Not only that, I was taking way too long to get into that form. I wonder if it even has a name ... I wasn't on guard and that lead to my defeat.

I have yet to learn these powers properly first, since I can't seem to combine them or anything of the likes yet. I can string them together as combo's but that's about it ... That's why I need to train on my own. It's too dangerous to try these things out against others." Kensei thought, trying to confirm the mistakes he made so he could think of a way to counteract them. 

One can't fix a problem like this in a matter of hours, though. It'd take a lot more time. He had to be alone, probably for a lot longer than when he tried to use Raijin's powers. Getting up, without thinking of anything else, he went out of his room. Strangely enough, he didn't feel any damage to his body, considering he didn't get much physical damage from that fight.

The only thing that really hit him was the punch Vidar threw at him, and Julia's normal healing already got rid of the damage he dealt. Meaning, he was in a good condition, but felt a bit hazy. His thoughts weren't all too clear yet, but that might be because he was out for two days. Where could he go to train alone? That was the question. 

He couldn't go to the base since the others would surely go there, neither could he go to the library since Kitsu and Ryuu were there often. That left him only one option: Exploring the school. The campus was actually quite large unlike many of its students thought. If he went around the campus, he would surely find another abandoned section like the library.

Wandering through the halls, he knew he couldn't stay inside if he wanted a place to train at. Taking a look at the end of the hallway, he saw the doors. Passing through those doors would give him so many options. He made up his mind, moving through the hall and passing through the doors.

He stood outside, seeings paths leading to different sections of the school. Rather than going to other entrances of the school, he decided to follow the path outward. Shortly after taking a walk down that path, he noticed a cross section. While the south of him showed the Sacred High's main building, the other 3 directions had a different feeling to them. To the north of him, winds of storm, unrivaled by even Hachiman's power.

To the west, a road that seemed well-treated, where the sun was rising. To the east, a path that lead to darkness, almost as if it were still night there. The storm of the north made him too weary, that's one place to pass up. He just came from the South so he couldn't stay there either. The west was too bright and marvelous for him ... Meaning he would take the east's darkness.