twenty two

"You are... Woah. I didn't see that coming."
They were still on Merlin his bed, while a full moon passed above their heads.
"My real name is Idriath, daughter of the triple goddess, great goddess of living creatures. It is a complicated story."
"Well, I have time," Merlin said. He could not wait to hear her story.
"Are you sure? Tomorrow will be a busy day."
"Arthur is a prat. Our future is connected. You have to tell me someday."
"Fine then. My mother did not want people on earth to know about me, so she kept my existence hidden, for everyone. I grew up in the gardens she called her home, and one day, she sended me to Avalon, to study and understand my powers better. It was here I met Arthur his mother, Ygraine. She still misses her son everyday, and hopes all the best for him. On a day, not long ago, my mother and I had an argument. She said that I was useless, not worthy to have the name of great goddess of living beings, and sended me to earth, to make myself usefull between them. She was kind enough to give me the choice of where to go, and I choose Camelot, a land that was in need of change. I did not tell Kilgharrah the truth, and what I told him was the truth of my mother, but I will work on that later."
"This... This explains a lot," Merlin said.
"It does?"
"Yeah. Yeah it does."
"This is not the entire story."
"It isn't?"
"Absolutely not. My other name is 'the guardian,' because I am supposed to guard living beings in and through life, and now I am here, I have figured out there is a prophecy going on about the two of us, and I have my reasons to believe I am here on purpose. We are meant to be one and the same body, whatever that might mean, and we are meant to fight the war against Morgana in the name of magic and Camelot, how ever that might end."
"You sound like you did your research."
"Indeed I did. And my mother... She said I would suffer in many forms, to achieve new powers, to evolve."
"Sounds scary, doesn't it?"
"It does. I have no idea what is going to happen to us."
"It is for the sake of Camelot."
"I know... But it makes me wonder," she said. "How might we end up?"
"I think the only one with a clear answer to that will be your mother," Merlin said. He Yawned, and Lucy turned her head.
"You should go to sleep now. You will need your strenght to help Arthur."
" I suppose you are right. Do you really want to go back the entire end back to your room in the castle?"
"I can teleport myself, it won't be a problem."
"You can also stay?"
Merlin didn't knew why he suggested it, but he felt the strange urge... He wanted to keep her close. He wanted her to stay.
"And getting everyone in the castle to talk? No."
"Please?" Merlin tried. First, she sighed. Then, she smiled.
"Sure. But we need to change something first."
She murmled something, and the bed became bigger, big enough for two people. With a grin she fell down on the bed, and looked at Merlin.
"Goodnight, Merlin."
"Goodnight, Idriath."

The following day when Merlin woke up, his bed had already gone back to normal, and Lucy was gone. He fell back on his bed, and smiled.
He wasn't the only one with a destiny. Like he was destend to be Emrys, she was destend to be Idriath, great goddess of living creatures.
Merlin got out of bed, and during breakfast, Gaius noticed Merlin was surprisingly happy.
"You seem very happy today, Merlin," Gaius said. "Is there something I should know about?"
"Magic is back in Camelot, and I don't need to hide my identity from Arthur anymore!" Merlin grinned. "I see no reason not to be happy."
He left the table with a smile, and went to the chambers of Arthur and Gwen, to start with his daily chars. When he had cleaned the room, like he Always did on Thursdays, he wanted to go into the direction of the armory, but he was interrupted by Arthur, who seemed slightly worried.
"Merlin, are you doing anything right now?"
"Yes, I am-"
"Good. We need to talk. What were you doing last night?"
Merlin rose an eyebrow. "Is that a real question?"
"Next to your master, I am also your king, so give me an answer."
Merlin rolled his eyes. "After I had completed my chars for you and Gaius, I went to bed, as usual."
Then he looked at Arthur's face, and he decided to play his part, for the sake of their future.
"Wait... Why are you asking me this? What happend?"
"Are you sure you were in your own chambers last night?"
"Arthur, speak up. Tell me what happend."
"For some idiotic reason, you were in my room last night, talking... Rubbish."
Merlin his face changed.
"Tell me exactly what I said to you."
"Well, you were not literally talking-"
"Tell me what I said!"
Something had changed in Merlin his voice, and Arthur had never heard him speak in a way like this. This wasn't the Merlin he used to know.
"The last remaining priestess will bring war upon all
The guardian and Emrys will interfer

Elements and powerful forces on their sides
Their price will be high,
All for a new dawn."
"Are you sure that was exactly what I said?"
"Your eyes were also shining a white light, but-"
"Is there anymore I said?"
"Well, when I asked what it was supposed to mean, you said I had to ask you, and there was also something else. 'At the dawn of a new world, two ultimate leaders will stand,

King of the once and the future, Lady with the kindness of heart,
Brother and sister united,
Bound by magic and love,
Guarded and guided by those who have been there before."
"Oh dear," Merlin replied.
"You never say o dear."
"I am saying 'O dear,' because this will be very difficult for me to explain to you."
"Well, try me."
"Do you remember when I told you about the prophecy of you, the once and future king?"
"Yes, I do."
"Well, apparently something what looked like me, or it was me myself, I don't know, has tried to warn you for two prophecies that are about to happen."
"Prophecies don't exist, Merlin-"
"Yeah, and you Always thought I had no magic. I am being serious about this, Arthur. Don't make the mistake I made."
"You... What did you do?"
"There was a prophecy that fortold Morgana would turn out evil, and I ignored. Because of me, she met the druids, and she became what she had to become."
Arthur was silent for a minute. Merlin had been right on many occasions, when he had chosen to ignore him. Maybe... Maybe it was better this time to actually believe him.
"Do you know what these prophecies mean?"
"I will tell you what I know. Morgana will start a war, a war that can be fought with magic and magic alone. That is why Lucy and I are teaching Gwen and you everything we know about magic and its ways. Lucy and I both need to play our part, but what that is supposed to mean... I don't know. But we will pay a high price."
"Any idea what this high price might be?"
Oh, Merlin had. He had an idea. Suffering. The suffering they had been speaking of. But he wasn't going to tell Arthur. He did not want Arthur to worry about him.
"I have no idea. But we still have the other prophecy."
"Night you said it was good news."
"Actually... It is," Merlin continued. "After the war against Morgana, Camelot will enter a new world, with two ultimate leaders. At first, we thought these leaders would be you and Guinevere."
"But-?"
"Brother and sister united, bound by magic and love, guarded and guided by those who have been there before," Merlin said. "We both know you'll never unite with Morgana, but Lucy and I thought... It is about your children."
"I beg you pardon Merlin?"
"It makes perfectly sense, you know," Merlin explained. "Let us say this: Gwen will give birth to twins, a boy and a girl. Of course, they have never been in a war before, and Camelot is a place with a lot of magic. They will love each other. We, we have fought against Morgana before. You know how to fight with a sword, I know everything about magic... We would be there to guide them, and to protect them."
"Merlin... Sometimes I would think you are wiser then a Thousand men," Arthur said.
"Thank you,-"
"Don't let it get into your head, idiot," Arthur said. "Don't you have my amor to polish?"

Hey guys, a nice long chapter :) Now, I have a question for you. Kind of. BABY NAMES. GO.
Comment and a vote?