Sixteen

"Noble people of Camelot. As usual, it pleases me to welcome all of you at this meeting of the court, and the round table," Arthur opened the meeting. "To begin with, Queen Guinevere and I have the interesting news that within some time, Camelot will have a new heir to the throne."
Lancelot, Leon, Elyan, and all Arthur's other friends amongst the knights of Camelot started to cheer, and some of them applaud. Some people at the table started to murmle to each other, or they gave their congratulations to the king and queen. Gwen started to blush. Merlin, who was standing a few metres away from the table, on his position as personal manservant of the king, did not exactly know how he had to take this news. O yeah, he was happy for his friends though. His two best friends were having a baby. But right know, after all what happend? It felt... It felt strage. Like everything was too perfect.
"This has nothing to do with the events of these past few days, Merlin," could Merlin hear the voice of Ireth in his head. "They had already conceived long before I came in. They only did not know it yet."
Arthur moved everyone to silence.
"As all of us know, a lot has happend these past few days. Magic has returned to our kingdom, just like its creatures. Beside the dragons, what other creatures have been seen in the kingdom?"
A long and boring talk started about creatures of the old religion that had been seen in the kingdom, which ones were dangerous, and which ones were not, but Merlin woke up from his thoughts when Gwaine asked an interesting question.
"My lord, what about the dragons? Many of them have returned, but what if one of them decides to attack one of the villages? Even dragons need to eat."
"It is good, that you have brought us to this certain point, sir Gwaine," Arthur answered. "This brings me to a lot of other points. Peace treaties. We will make a peace treaty with the dragons, with the oldest of them all in special, Kilgarrah. No citizen of Camelot will bring harm to them, in return that they leave or villages and people alone."
Everyone started to talk on the table. This was a very clever thought of their king.
"But sire, how do you think to get in contact with the old dragon?" Gaius asked. "For as far is known, only dragonlords can call to them."
"I have thought about that for a very long time, Gaius," Arthur replied. "It has come to my ears that a certain old sorcerer has also this abillitie of calling to Dragons. I have also heard that Merlin knows exactly where to find him, don't you, Merlin?"
Merlin started to laugh nervously.
"Yes sire, indeed I do."
"Good," Arthur replied. "Very good."