Eighteen

The following morning, Merlin was awoken by Gaius, who seemed to be in a hurry. He talked fast and briefly.
"Listen very carefully to me," he said. "Only Knights will accompany you and Arthur to the meeting spot with Kilgharrah, Sir Elyan, Leon, Percival, Lancelot, and Gwaine. The risks are low. And you need to start teaching Arthur in the ways of the old religion. I have found an old prophecy about what the old dragon has told you, and believe me when I say it is best for him to start immediately. Now I have to go, seeing a patient, but you better prepare yourself."
Before Merlin could even say something, Gaius was already gone again.
Only the Knights would accompany them.
Lancelot already knew his secret.
He was not going in disguise. No. Today would be the day the others would know. He could trust them, they would be the last ones to know he had magic.
They would be the only ones to know. Then he would stay in the shadows, to guide over Arthur like he was supposed to.
He got into his clothes, and moments later, during Arthur and Gwen their breakfast, Arthur started a subject Merlin wasn't going to like.
"Merlin, in all those years... Have you used magic to do your chars?"
"Sire-"
"Yes you have. That is going to cost you lots of more chars to do, and I'll make sure you'll be watched, so you won't use it again."
"Yes my lord," Merlin replied.

On his way to the stabes, Merlin ran into Lancelot, who had also been on his way to the stables.
"You need to guide the conversation between Arthur and the dragon? How are you supposed to do that?" Lancelot asked while they prepared their horses.
"Just as myself," Merlin replied. "No disguise."
Lancelot started to laugh, and Merlin stopped preparing his own horse.
"What are you laughing at?"
"Don't get me wrong, Merlin," Lancelot laughed, "But imagine the reactions of Elyan, Gwaine, Leon and Percy when they find out."
Now Merlin understood Lancelot his reason of laughing, and he started to grin. Oh, he had thought about that. He would enjoy the moment he would call Kilgharrah. The others wouldn't know what to see.
But about his magic... What would the others say?
"You, bring the horses of the king and his Knights outside," Lancelot ordered one of the stable boys. The stable boy nodded, and started to do his job, while Lancelot took Merlin to a side of the stables.
"I have been wondering this for the last couple of days... What do you think about the witch with the spell?"
"Honestly... I don't know what to think," Merlin answered. Somewhere in the distance, he heard a familiar "MERLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!", and he knew it was their time to leave the castle.
Both Merlin and Lancelot took their horses, who had been left as the last ones in the stables, and went to the front part of the castle, where Arthur, Percy, Gwaine, Leon, and Elyan were waiting on them.
"It was about to get time," Arthur said. "Merlin, you know the way, go in the front."
Merlin was surprised by hearing this out of Arthur's mouth, but he knew it was true. He would take them to his usual meeting spot with the dragon, what wasn't that far from the castle, but hey, why walking? He had the opportunity for a horse right now.
They drove into the direction of the meeting spot, and Merlin started to call out for Kilgharrah.
"O drakon, e male so ftengometta tesd'hup'anankes!"
"Merlin, what are you- O god."
All the Knights became silent. Arthur swallowed.
They had reached Merlin his meeting spot. And in front of them, was a dragon. A great dragon.