Ten

FINALLY GUYS!!! Because of the time you had to wait, I thought I owed you a big chapter. Enjoy ;)

The entire land of Camelot wsa in a certain kind of chaos. Some villages hadn't even recovered from the spell of the mysterious sorceress Ireth, while in other villages people were looking up to the sky, to see dragons and hypogriefs, and to see little elves and unicorns into their Woods. In Camelot itself, king Arthur Pendragon was looking through the windows of his private chambers, up to the heavens above Camelot, to see the beauty of something he'd never seen. It wasn't all terror and death, like when Kilgarrah had attacked the castle, or like the stories his father had Always told him. It was... Magical.
"My lord!"
Leon stormed into the room, without even properly knocking. Arthur did not respond.
"My lord, there are dragons everywhere! Magical creatures-"
"I know, Leon,"Arthur replied. "I know. And I have some orders for you."
"Of course, sire," Leon answered.
"All those with black eyes shall be taken into custody, and they shall be punished for their crimes. From now on, only those who have taken lives will be executed. All who have gold eyes shall be registered, we will write down their names, what they have done with their powers so far, till later time. And do me a favor... Find Merlin for me. Grab him my his ears if necessary. I need him over here."
"As you wish, my lord."
Arthur nodded, as a sign that Leon could go, doing his duties, but he did not make movements to leave the room.
"Is there something else, Leon?" Arthur asked.
"Actually... There is something, sire."
"Speak."
"The people are whispering all over the Streets, my lord. They are whispering all over Camelot. Is it... Is it true that magic has returned?"
Arthur... He was not surprised. He should have seen this question coming.
"Magic has indeed returned to the lands of Albion, Leon," Arthur told him. "Which brings me to something I had almost forgotten. Send Knights to all the corners of the kingdom, with the following message. Magic has returned to Camelot, and only those with black eyes, those who have practised dark magic, only them will be punished for their use in the past. To all those with eyes of gold... They are free to practise their magic. You can go now. And bring Merlin here."
"As you wish, sire," Leon answered. This time, he did leave the room. Not even a few minutes later, his presence had been changed for the presence of Guinevere.
"There are dragons flying outside," was the first thing she said when she came in.
"I know," Arthur replied.
"People are speaking over unicorns in the Woods."
"I know," He said again.
"People are wondering-"
"I know," Arthur said again, before Gwen could even finish. "And it is true, my love. It is true what the people whisper on the Streets. Magic has indeed returned to Camelot."
"But... How?" She asked. "I thought... You..."
Arthur told her how the sorceress Ireth had given him the choice. How she had asked him the question. And oh yeah, she had been right. He had been playing with the idea before.
"I still don't understand it," Gwen continued. "You hate magic. Your mother and father... Both of them died because of it."
"I am aware of that, my love. But as king of Camelot, I have to look to more things then just my own feelings. Our world is changing every day, and my father has raised me with the hate he Always had. What if... What if I embraced the fact that magic could be something good, instead of fighting against it?"
Someone knocked on the door.
"Come in," Arthur said.
"Arthur, you wanted to see me?"
"Yes Merlin, I wanted to know-"
He quitted his sentence when he realised it. Merlin's eyes... They were shining brightly gold.