Eighteen

(This is a few days later from chapter 16)

Kayla's POV

I'm sitting on Bella's bed with Bella beside me.

"I have chemo tomorrow." She says.
"I know, everything will be fine." I say.
"I'm going to cut my hair before I go. It will make it easier for when any hair starts to fall out." She says.
"Yeah it will." I say.

Out of all the people in this world it happened to two of the most amazing people in my life. I scared for Bella. I don't want her to have to go through this but she is.

"What are you thinking about?" Bella asks from beside me.
"You and my mom." I reply.
"Kayla the same thing that happened to your mom isn't going to happen to m-" I cut her off.
"You can't be sure. Life throws random things at you and you never know what's going to happen." I say.
"She looks at me with a sad look on her face.
"I think this is actually hurting you more than its hurting me." She says.
"I can't even imagine what you are going through." I say.
"I believe I'm going to be okay I have people looking out for me up there." She says.
"I love you." I say giving her a quick peck.
"I love you too." She replies.

I take her hand making her smile.  Then I pull her towards me and I fall over with her over top of me.

She laughs then brings our lips together for a kiss.

"Thank you." She says as she pulls away.
"For what?" I ask.
"Being there for me when no one else was." She says. "For loving me and even after I told you this you are still here."
"Of course I am.  I don't just love you Bella, I'm in love with you." I say.

She kisses me again and smiles against my lips.

-=+=-

Bella's POV

I get up in the morning and get dressed before waking up Kayla.  Once we are both dressed and ready my parents drive us to the hair place to get my hair cut.

"I'm going to miss my long hair." I say to Kayla.
"You'll still look beautiful." She says making me blush.

I get my hair cut into a pixie cut.  I kinda like it it's cute.

"See beautiful." Kayla says from behind me.

I look at her and smile.

-=+=-

We leave the chemo room when a doctor pulls me aside.

"Bella, we went further into the tests and found that you have a 20% chance of living.  I'm so sorry." He says.
"Don't be sorry I still have a chance of beating this!" I say trying to act strong.
"You're a great kid Bella." He says smiling and walking away.

Bella looks at me worried when I'm walking back to them.

"Yeah everything's great." I say holding back tears.

-=A/N=-
I'm telling yo this stuff comes out of me like a waterfall. I don't plan to write this sad stuff it just happens. Let's just hope I can keep Bella alive. 😂
~Maddy <3