Nine

Joel's POV
I'm walking to my bus stop and see Bella.

"Hey Bella, is Kayla coming back to school anytime soon?" I ask.
"I have no idea Joel. I'm not Kayla. She just lost her mother give her time, it could be a while until she comes back.
"Oh okay, sorry I asked, thanks anyways." I say walking away.

-=+=-

Bella's POV
In the middle of math class Kayla walks into the classroom. She's a mess. Bags under her eyes. Sweatpants, super big hoodie. She passes a note to the teacher and awkwardly walks to her desk and sits down. Somehow through everything she's still so beautiful.

I turn to her and she smiles, I smile back. God I like her way to much.

-=+=-

After classes end I walk up to Kayla at her locker.

"So you came today." I say.
"Yeah, my Dad made me, he said I can't miss too much school. But I also kinda wanted to come for LGBTQ, I haven't been here for a week." She says.

After she is ready we walk to LGBTQ and sit down. The whole time I can feel our hands close under the table.

-=+=- Timeskip 3 years (too many timeskips Maddy!!) -=+=-

Kayla's POV
I'm still great friends with Bella and we still hang out all the time. But I also still have a big crush on her but I think she likes someone else so it doesn't matter.

Bella arrives at my house and I open the door for her.

"Your Dad home?" She asks.
"Nope, why?" I ask as she closes the door.

Before I know what happening I'm up against the wall.

"This is why." She says leaning in towards me.

Soon enough her lips are on mine and I automatically kiss back. We stay like this for a while until she finally pulls away.

The girl I've liked for the longest time just kissed me.