Eight

Kayla's POV
We get to the hospital and I'm shaking. We are guided to my Moms room where my Dad is.

"It only hit her side of the car." He says.

It looked like he was crying.

I go over to my Mom. Everyone walks out to give me privacy.

"Mom." I say crying.
"Hey sweetie." She says.
"Are you going to be okay?" I ask.
"I would like to say yes but I don't know. I have a 50% chance of living and 50% chance of dying." She says.
"But there are so many things you have helped me with and so many more things I will need help with. I'm not ready for you to be gone." I say.
"You'll be alright. You have your Dad." She says. "Plus stop thinking negatively. I have a chance of living." She says.
"I love you Mom." I say.
"I love you too Kayla." She replies.

-=+=-

She died 5 days later. I constantly visited her through those days not knowing if one of them would be her last or if I still had a long time with her.

It's been a week and I haven't gone to school. I'm avoiding everything and everyone. All I've been doing is crying. I can't deal with this. Why is this so hard? I never thought I would care this much for my Mom, but you miss something more once it's gone.

I loved all her morals. All her good things she would say. She was amazing. I miss her.

I hear a knock at my door.

"Leave me alone." I say.

The door opens to reveal Bella.

"Hey. Um, I have all the work you missed throughout the week." She says handing me the papers.
"Thank you." I mumble.
"Do you need help?" She asks.
"No, I can do this stuff." I reply.
"Okay, well do you want emotional help?" She asks sitting down beside me.

Yes.

"No." I reply.
"Kayla, I know you. I know you need help."
"Why do you always know everything?" I ask.
"Not everything, I just know you." She smiles. "I loved your Mom too, she was an amazing person. She was like my second Mother ya know? I miss her too but death is a natural thing, and with death something new comes." She says.
"I know, it's just I can't let her go even though she's already gone." I say holding the necklace around my neck.
"What's that?" Bella asks pointing to the necklace.
"It was my Mom's. Apparently my Dad gave it to her when they were in high school together." I say.
"Well, that's cute." She says.
"Yeah it is." I reply.

-=+=-

Bella talks to me and makes me laugh a few times before she has to leave.

"Thanks for coming over." I say hugging her.
"Come on this is like my second home." She laughs walking out the door.

Why does my brain do this to me. One minute we're just friends but then it seems like something more. I'm only 13, why is this happening to me?

-=A/N=-
IM SORRY IM EVIL I KNOW!! MIST IS GONE AHHHHHH IDK. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED EVEN THOUGH THE BEST PERSON IN THE WORLD DIED!! Love ya'll!!!
~Maddy