Fourteen

Kayla's POV
I lay on my bed later in the day just thinking.

My Dad comes into my room.

"Kayla supper is ready." He says.
"I'm not hungry." I mumble.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"Nothing." I reply.
"Kayla, I'm your Dad, it's okay." He says.
"I just don't. I don't know." I say.
"It's okay. If you want to come eat you can if not I can bring you food up later." My Dad says leaving my room.

I hear my phone go off and I look at it.  It's a text from Bella.  I hear it again.  I look at it "Kayla open up." It says.  I look up at my window and see her crouching there.  I hear it again, "please it's cold out here." It reads. 

I look up at her.  I groan and unlock the window so she can get in and lay back down.

She comes in and looks at me.

"What's wrong?" She asks.
"Nothing. I'm fine." I reply.
"Kayla we both know that's not true." She says.

I look at her and turn away not speaking. She turns my head towards her so she's facing me.

"You can tell me anything Kayla." She says.
"I know." I reply.
"Then what is it?" She asks.
"I miss my Mom, so much. I just remember when we were all kids and she would run in the yard with us. I just really miss her again." I say.
"Kayla it's okay to miss her. I miss her too, so does your Dad. It's a part of life. Is that all?" She replies.
"No." I mumble.
"What is it?" She asks.
"I-I uh um." I say.
"Kayla it's okay." She says taking my hand.
"I feel like I'm going to mess this up." I say.
"Mess what up?"
"Us."

-=A/N=-
I haven't worked on this in a while and I'm sorry. The updates on all of my books are probably going to be slow but I will try my best to get them done. I love y'all!!
~Maddy