The sounds of screams, cries, flesh tearing, and bones breaking bring his attention back to his pack.

Jordan has never been into an all-out war – never has he witnessed such massive killings, never has he smelled such strong scent of blood... never has he seen a dreadful scene as this.

His first instinct is to protect his pack. He may not be the best leader, but he's still an Alpha lupi after all.

Men killing men.

Women killing women.

Men killing women. Women killing men.

Men and women killing children.

Children killing other children.

No reservations, everyone just keeps on trying to kill anyone.

Why are they killing one another?! He cries in his mind.

He has no control of his body. It's only his tears that are moving.

He is an Alpha. He is their Alpha.

He should be protecting them.

But he can't.

His lyall is going insane.

He feels helpless.

Worthless.

His eyes spot two familiar bodies in the middle of the ongoing bloodbath.

One of them catches him in an eye-to-eye stare.

Black sclera, gold irises.

He feels her power.

Purus nigrum.

She grins at himbitter, wrathful and evil.

He knows it's her doing.

Hatred fills him. Anguish eats him.

He should be protecting them.

But he can't.

She grins wider at himbitter, wrathful and eviland walks towards him, slaying anyone on her way.

He wants her blood. Most of his pack are innocent, especially the children.

"How do you like my present, Jordan?" She sneers.

His mouth remains shut, but in his mind all profanities are running.

"Bitch, make him speak." Belle commands Dashia.

Dashia's body trembled as she chants another spell. The spell she casted on the whole field to keep other packs from sensing the bloodbath has already debilitated her.

"You fucking bitch! How dare you do this do my pack!? I will fucking kill you!" Jordan growls murderously.

Pathetic. Belle laughs scornfully at his attempt to threaten her with his words.

"Stop fucking laughing!" His body's red and his veins look like they're going to pop out any moment. He's trying to make his body move with all his might so he can put his hands on Belle. "You think this is fucking funny?! There are fucking children for fuck's sake! You have fucking killed innocent people!" He continues to snarl.

As if she cared.

"I just want to destroy you." Belle shrugs. "We're just playing 'King' here. The command's actually simple: killed or be killed." She grins at himbitter, wrathful and evil.

"Playing?!" Jordan growls.

"Down, down, down. I'll destroy you. Kill or be killed. Down, down, down. You've become the enemy. Enemy..."

Belle sings and laughs.

Jordan keeps on growling and snarling his threats and profanities.

Dashia just stands there with her trembling body.

Trey and the others continue killing.

"Might as well join the fun. Enjoy the show, Alpha." Belle winks at Jordan as she gives him a mocking look.

He should be protecting his pack.

But they can't.

He feels helpless as agonizing cries and tears roar from inside of him.

Worthless.

Devastated.

~

She stands there with cold eyes, brandishing a heart, which she can't identify whose, in her bare hands. Her face displays regret, but only regret for finishing them off quickly... because, now, she has nothing more to play with.

She sees this massacre as just a simple game. It's just her revenge.

All is fair in love and war.

She sees her victims as objects of curiosity and experimentation, where their pain is just another test to see how their reactions would make her feel. Her victim's agonized painful reactions, screaming and pleading, give her a sense of authority and a feeling of superiority.

The cold of the night is atrocious. But, although cold, the eerie airlessness can be clearly felt as well. The insufferable stench from the blood surrounding her, which are particularly from the numerous bodies she has slaughtered, completed the revolting desolation of the picture.

~

They have put Jordan and Dashia in a prison cell at Jordan's pack house.

Belle orders Dashia to let Jordan move again then they leave them there.

Jordan lashes out on Dashia, bringing out all his wrath upon her. He and his lyall have turned mad after witnessing the coldblooded demise of his pack – it's what happens to Alphas who loses their pack this way.

But Dashia is nothing but grateful. She has been craving for death.

Belle goes in a bathroom, and stares in the mirror.

She is covered with dirt and blood.

But in spite of her scornful reflection, she still looks unfazed as if she did not just commit multiple murders.

Jordan is devastated.

A bitter, wrathful and evil smile makes its way on her lips.

If only she's still capable of seeing and reasoning appropriately, if she's still able to realize the hopelessness, hideousness, and absurdity of her judgements and actions, then maybe...

Maybe she wouldn't actually like what she's done.

Maybe, just maybe. But, no.

Bloodlust has consumed her.