Ruined Dates

"Thank you so much for the food, Killian." Milah smiled, "Are we heading back to my place or yours?"

He chuckled, "I'd prefer yours. My flat is a bloody mess at the moment."

This made Milah laugh. She was fun, sexy, attractive in every way. Dark hair, blue eyes. And those were some of the reasons that he had asked her out. He had passed up the idea before, afraid she'd turn him down. But Emma made him, and to his surprise, she said yes. And here he was.

He started signaling for the waiter to come with the check just as his phone began ringing, it was an unknown number. He answered anyway.

"Hey Killiannnnn."

"Emma?" He asked surprised, "Why are you calling me?"

"Well," She bit her lip, "The guy stood me up, then I got drunk, then I lost my phone, and now I need a ride." A giggle came from the other end.

"I can't, I'm with Milah."

"Oooo someone's gettin' some. She's hot, you know? You're totally scoring."

He rolled his eyes at this.
"If you change your mind, I'm at Larry's." She said.

"Larry'r Bar? That's in a really bad neighborhood."

"I know that's why I need a ride." She snickered, "Dummy."

"I'll be there in a few, love." He sighed, "Be careful."

"Byeeee." She slurred and the line went dead.

"Who was that?" Milah spoke up finishing her wine as he stuffed the old flip phone he hasn't bothered to upgrade back in his pocket.

"A friend. She's drunk and stranded." He looked at her apologetically, "I have to go. I'm sorry."

Milah shook her head, "Don't worry about it. Friends before girlfriends, right?"

"I'll make it up to you, perhaps a second date?" He smiled at her.

"I'd like that." She grinned nodding her head while Killian began collecting his things.

"Well, give me a call." He dropped a hundred on the table, "I'll see you later." He leaned down and kissed her cheek.

She blushed, "Bye."

He put his wallet in his back pocket and exited the restaurant, going to his car and getting in. In a matter of minutes, he was at Larry's. A bar usually where people got hammered, high, and hooked up. Sounds nice, right?

From the vehicle, he saw the drunk blonde leaning against the pay phone swinging her purse from side to side. He pulled up next to her and she stumbled inside, "Thank youuuu."

"Why would you agree to meet a guy here?" He asked, not even looking at her before he was driving back to their apartment. Yes, they shared an apartment.
Here's the deal. Emma and Killian have been best friends since 10th grade when she ran into him in the hallway and fell on top of him. After high school, they headed to NYU and decided to get a place together.
People said that if they did, they'd start having feelings for each other. But those people were wrong, everything was the same between them and they were in their senior year at the University.

"You told me to go out with him." She said angrily and put on her seatbelt, "So, technically, it's your fault."

"No because I didn't know it was here. He was probably setting you up to get raped or something."

"Do I look like I got raped?" She tilted her head towards him.

"No. But the smeared mascara isn't too pretty." He smiled teasingly while parking in front of their building.

She wiped it off with her fingers, making more of a mess.

He saw this and smiled, "Here." He licked his thumb and ran it over her under eyes, looking into her vibrant green eyes for a second "That's better."

"Thanks." She smiled then frowned, "I'm tired and I want pizza."

"I'll order some pizza." He got out of the car and went around to open her door.

"It's 11:34 pm." She said surging forward and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"It's New York. You can get pizza at any time." He closed the door with his foot and wrapped an arm around her torso, walking to the stairs and up with her clung to him.

"You know what?"

"Hm?" He unlocked the door.

"I bet he saw me, and then left because I was too ugly." She sighed and untangled herself from him, nearly falling down while doing so.

"Then he's scum. You're the most beautiful woman on planet Earth." He closed the door and handed her the phone so she could call the pizzeria.

"You're only saying that cause you feel bad." She smiled and dialed.

"You know I don't lie to you." He gave her a look.

"You said you'd do the laundry and you didn't. That's a lie. And I was stuck wearing this baggy ugly ass shit to my blind date."

She started speaking into the phone, "Hey Nick, it's Emma. Can we have the usual? Thanks." And she hung up.

"What were you planning on wearing?"

"A dress. With pink flowers."

"That did get cleaned, three days ago. When the did you wear it?"

"One night stand," She smirked, "And it got a little messy."

"Ew." He grimaced, "You're washing that."

"That was a good night though." She bit her lip and walked to the fridge getting out a bottle of water.

"You're the dirtiest girl ever."

"Oh, I know." She grinned and slapped his ass, making him jolt with a 'hey!'

Fifteen minutes passed and they were on the couch, a beer in Killian's hand and that same bottle of water in Emma's. A half finished pizza on the wooden coffee table in front of them.

They were just siting there, slouched against the material of the seat and enjoying the sweet silence.

"Hey, remember that time we played Spin The Bottle with Ruby and Regina?" She looked at him.

"Yes. You ended up kissing both of them and me." He smirked swinging back the alcoholic drink.

"High School was fun." She giggled and leaned her head on his shoulder for a moment.

"Yeah. It was."

"How was your date with Milah?"

"Oh it was great. She's amazing."

She cleared her throat, "You're welcome." She tried acting okay with him dating people, but really, she was scared of losing her best friend. I mean, dating leads to marriage, and marriage leads to moving out. And she didn't want that.

"Yes." He kissed her hairline, "Thank you. I'm gonna head to bed." He got off the couch and threw his beer away.

"Okay." She smiled, "Goodnight."

"Night." He called while heading to his room.

And she was left alone in the dark living room, nothing but the sound of the AC and the clock ticking filling the air.

-
Yay! New book!
Now, I am working on a different one. But that one won't be updated for a while. Three books is pretty much all I can handle. Hope you liked this!