"Shoot, nothing here but ugly monsters. I thought cruises were supposed to have pretty girls," said Kuwabara.

The wolf rolled her eyes. It seemed that any male human adolescent was way too preoccupied with females and sex. San herself didn't engage in intercourse for the first time until she was about 1,500 or so, what was the big deal? The memory brought a faint smile to her face, the anticipation of seeing her mate building within her.

"I sure hope the island isn't as boring as this," said Hiei.

"We are not on vacation, remember?" Kurama reminded him.

"I know but, couldn't they at least give us a place to eat... with pretty waitresses?" Kuwabara sounded so hopeful.

"What an amazing thing," stated San.

"Hm?" Kurama turned to her. But she ignored him, feeling her statement didn't require an explanation. "My mate used to do that too," said Kurama.

With the training on his mind, it was easier now to speak and think of her without bringing him to the brink of insanity.

"Do what?" the girl looked up at him.

"Ignore me when she felt my questions were not important. I suppose it must be the way of the wolves?"

"It's my way," she shrugged.

Kurama smiled, taking a critical look at her. San's eyes were distant, lost in thought as she looked out into the ocean before her. Over the course of time he tried to keep her off his mind but could never stop himself from absently wondering how her training was coming along with Yusuke and Genkai. It was then he realized how little he knew about her.

"Could I ask you a personal question?" the fox spoke softly.

"Sure. But I'll decide if it deserves an answer," replied San.

"What was your name? The one you had in Makai."

"Oh Kurama don't be silly, wolves have no need of names."

Kurama smirked, "I should have known I would not get my answer," his attention was then brought to the young detective, "I can see you have been training hard with Yusuke."

"Yep. We've been at it for two months. He got it harder, being at a disadvantage with me around, but I'd say he actually stands a chance against me now."

Kurama laughed out loud, missing San in the two months of training he endured. It still bothered him, the way she reminded him constantly of Moriko, but in a way, she was keeping her alive, never letting him forget about the love he cherished. Youko had been dormant since the training started and that was expected. The boy was hoping that the demon inside didn't give up since he was very much apart of Youko, feeling, body, mind. Everything was felt at the same impact, whether it affected his life or youki and that, in turn, made Youko his closest friend - whether they admitted to it or not.

"Alrighty matees, turn your eyes to the captain's deck," the captain interrupted all conversation, "It'll still be going to be quite a time before the ship gets to the harbour, so we've got somethin' in mind t'keep ya from gettin' rowdy."

"Oh! I knew it, some dinner and dancing!" declared Kuwabara. Idiot.

"The preliminary battles of the tournament will be fought 'ere on me trusty ship," the captain announced.

There was confusion everywhere, all passengers looking around for something impressive to happen. San quirked a brow, waiting patiently for an explanation.

"Say what?" asked Kuwabara.

"A preliminary for the competition," Hiei explained.

"Now that we can't go anywhere," added Kurama.