Meeting in Mystery

Start from the beginning

It's then he spots it, the seal of the Wolf clan hanging on the edge of an unnatural branch and smile. When he begins to make his move, she makes hers first but he senses her before her foot makes contact with his face. Throwing her to the other side of the den is futile as she uses her feet to push off and lunge at him. He cannot stop her force and is pushed into the wall of the tree. Delivering another blow, she is forced to step back. She stands a few feet in front of him, tawny eyes defiant while locked onto him. As soon as those golden orbs lay upon her he is captivated, never seeing a creature such as her. Swiftly, she uses that moment and takes him down in one graceful move, his body on the floor, his arm twisted behind his back and her foot at his neck to apply pressure.

"How dare you defile my home demon!" she speaks in a harsh voice, dripping with malice.

"You have something I want, give it to me," he replies, only, slightly flirtatious.

"Never!"

"What's your name?"

"Wolves have no need of names. Now leave this place, or you will not have your life."

"I will leave but I will be back for it, ookami. I will not be defeated so easily next time."

"You will not live on our next meeting kitsune, keep that in mind."

She releases him, knowing that he will honour his word as a fellow canine. He stands to stare at her one last time, taking in all he can before he decides to make his return. He knows he will not forget her, nor her scent. She stares back at him, her tawny eyes softer than before. Giving her a flirtatious wink, he then makes his escape, looking back only once to see that unblinking stare before he takes off into the night. A small smile tugs at the corners of her mouth once she's sure he is gone, not expecting this encounter to turn out this way.

...

He runs towards the tree, the one where the wolf demon dwells. Entering her home, her intoxicating aroma is everywhere. The den had changed in the past fifty years since he had first come there. The smell of food reaches his nostrils but he goes to where he remembers the seal is, that being his target. There is no trace of his item anywhere, however, he is not deterred in the slightest. He walks to the fire, seeing her in front of her cauldron of food. Her tail is glossy and fluffy, swaying in a slow motion as he could hear a slight hum. On silent feet, he makes struts to where she stands, captivated completely by her. He reaches out his hand and feels the full force of her elbow after grabbing a handful of her behind.

"I thought I told you that you would die the next time you came here," she says to him, glaring down at her intruder.

"And I told you that next time I will not be defeated so easily," he replies, standing a couple feet in front of her, looking down into her tawny eyes.

"Foolish kitsune. I will not have mercy on you this time."

"So you keep telling me," he smiles a bit suggestively at her, his golden eyes full of mischief. Those tawny hues narrow in suspicion, wondering what he was up to. In the blink of an eye, he disappears - only to reappear behind her. The clang of the wooden spoon in her clutches echoes everywhere and a chill goes down her spine at his proximity. "I'd like to see how you are without mercy," he purrs in her ear, causing her heat to swell within her.

It is only for a moment, she regains her composure and turns to face him. Keeping his gaze with her own, she reaches out to him, her hand going underneath his clothing and feeling his bare chest. She finds what she is searching for and holds the seal in her hand.

"Well, it seems the famous kitsune is not as sly as he thinks," she smirks at him, keeping a firm grip on the trinket while she shows him that she found it.