Meeting in Mystery

Start from the beginning

-This is not a mere coincidence.-

-Agreed. Should we reveal her true form I will be quick to relay the nature of your presence. I believe it is your demon signature that drew her to us. Until then we will indulge in her game.-

-I need to find her Shuuichi. WE need to find her. We need to know if she still lives, or if our young do.-

-Understood.-

.*.*.

She runs, fearing for her life, away from the forest she once called her den. The clan had dismissed her for false accusations. Framed for a heinous crime but by who, she did not know. Her vision was complete now, she was fleeing away from her home and her place of birth deep in the Makai. A wolf demon, once the ruler of her clan and now an outcast. She knows where she has to go and she knows how to lose the pups on her tail. Her form is tall, slender, with tawny hair and tawny eyes. Being a ruler had made her who she was and now all she could do was escape, the seal of the wolf clan clutched tightly in her hand. There was only one way to escape and that was to turn into her spirit form, the white wolf.

On hind legs her speed in hindered, but no more as she transforms. With the seal in her teeth, she runs for days away from her former home. There is no turning back, she has to find a new den. Her destiny awaits her and after eight hundred years, she is ready for it. Her journey comes to a slight delay to hunt for food her body has been long deprived of. The time passed is no longer acknowledged and finally she comes to it, the den in the forest she has foreseen in her vision long ago: the tallest tree in all of Makai, largely ignored by any and all who stumbled upon the base of its bark. The rock formation is just ahead and she uses her demon energy to open an entrance into the ancient cave that lies within.

It is far larger than she expects, and the stone closes acting as a door to keep intruders out. Those tawny eyes adjust to the darkness quickly as she finds her way through the pathway. There at the end, she sees where the small source of light was coming from and she finds herself inside the huge and hollow tree. It is completely uninhabited, seeming to just wait for her arrival. Looking around, she knows this is more than suitable for her to make into a den which will enable her to wait for the next chapter of her life. Time means nothing to a wolf and soon, she is settled and living happily as the lone wolf she had always truly been at heart. Centuries pass and the next part of her vision becomes clear, more vivid than before.

She sees her intruder coming soon, the Legendary Bandit, Youko Kurama. His silver hair and golden eyes were not unknown to the demons around her forest, nor his legacy. He was going to come for her seal, the story of her dismissal clear to the public. The wolves did not reveal her name - for the sake of their own hides, not for hers. The story went so far as she died but that didn't mean it was true, and Youko was going to prove that.

The mission is taken alone. He does not know what to expect but knows he does not need his companions. An unfamiliar scent reaches him and he follows it. He comes to the only tree of its kind in all of Makai and sniffs around, the same aroma all over the area, marking a territory. Further investigation brings him to a much different entrance than the current dweller of this unique den. On noiseless feet he continues his hunt, coming to the faint light in the distance and seeing not a soul but knowing that someone or something is there. As he approaches, a small sound reaches his ears and two deathly staked piece of wood come at him from either side. He dodges them and continues on. It's then he's very keen on the energy signature surrounding him, looking down and seeing an all too familiar vine beginning to grow at his feet. He knows this plant, having used it many times himself and uses his power to fend the plant off before walking on. Reaching the center of the tree, his prey is nowhere to be seen and he looks around suspiciously.