Chapter Fifteen: Losing Control

Start from the beginning

"Roxie, the power is yours for the taking," Gloria sang in my head, feeling victorious over putting her mate in his place.  

I looked at Xavier and once I saw his expressions changing and his eyes scanning me; I knew he was having an internal conversation with his wolf at the moment. I bet after me hitting him in the groined and now tackling him to the ground; he knows not to mess with me or my wolf.  

Before Xavier had time to react to what I had done, I slapped him hard in the face and made sure to ignore any sparks or pulls I had to comfort him afterward. I pushed myself up from the ground and stalked out of the room, feeling more on edge than before by the need to take care of such an asshole. I could hear him shouting something after me, but he didn't dare follow.  

I had no idea where I was going, but I realized it was my wolf guiding me in the direction. I wanted to  ask her where it was we were headed off to, but I decided against it. I felt it was better to just let her get everything off her chest, rather than stay and do something regrettable to someone in the pack.              

"Roxie, there you are!" A voice called for me, snapping my mind out of its haze.  

"Leo?" I questioned, raising myself up from the ground and scanning the forest for him.  

"I'm right here," He answered, running up and wrapping his arms around my waist to pull me to him.  

"Oh Leo!" I exclaimed, turning around to embrace him in a hug.  

I felt scared and nervous, having no idea where I am or how I got here. I let my wolf take over too much and I lost control; blacking out the the process. What did I do? What did she make me do? Those simple questions were enough to worry me further and make my body shake with fear for what I might have done.  

"It's okay, Roxie," Leo spoke softy. "I'm right here; it's going to be okay."  

I wanted so badly to believe him, but I wasn't sure what happened to myself. I lost control, but why? Xavier made something in me snap; my wolf took over. I tried so hard to recall the last few hour, but when I did, nothing came to mind.  

"Leo, I don't know what happened," I admitted in a shameful voice.  

"Relax, Roxie," Leo ordered me as he felt my body tense against his. "I'll explain everything soon."

A sob ripped through my chest against my will. I felt so defeated and scared; nothing made sense to me. My head swam with questions and I began to fear for the worse. It wasn't until the scent of blood reached my nostrils that I lost it.  

I squeezed my eyes shut, refusing to open them and take in the scene before me. My cries grew louder as Leo hugged me tighter to him, whispering assuring words in my ear. My wolf growled at me in my head for cowering like this, but I couldn't accept that I caused pain to someone.  

"Leo, w-what did-d I do?" I managed to get out in between sobs.   Leo didn't answer, he only let out a breath he had been holding. His answer wasn't needed though; his silence was enough to tell me it's bad enough.  

"This isn't happening... This isn't happening," I chanted to myself over and over again; hoping the words would ring true.  

"We need to leave," Leo instructed after a while.  

"Where? Why? Leo, I'm so sorry!" I cried, pulling away from him to look into his eyes of worry.  

"I know, Roxie, but we need to go. It isn't safe here for you anymore," He answered with a shake of his head; directing my gaze to area surrounding us.