Chapter 44

Maya Pov
It's been 3 months since we found out Riley was alive, and it's my wedding day. A beautiful May morning woke me up, (besides Riley freaking out about her role of maid of honour). I still remember the night that Josh proposed. And the night that shook up our family. It's unreal, how Darby managed to damage our family so much. But I shouldn't be thinking about that. Today is my day, and I deserve some happiness. "MAYA PENELOPE HUNTER WE ONLY HAVE 4 HOURS UNTIL THE WEDDING, LET'S GO!" Riley screams, her eyes bugging out of her head. I'm scared for her wedding day, now. "Alright, alright I'm coming!" I follow her to the connecting room from our hotel room, where the hairstylist and makeup artist is prepping Smackle, my mom, Topanga and Amy. I still have to get used to calling Mrs. Matthews "Amy". Smackle's hair was curled, and had two tiny French cornrows at the side of her head. Her dress, along with Riley's were hanging from a clothing rack. They were knee-length red dresses, with thick straps crossed on the front, and creating an "x" on the back. The skirt was layered with lace, and shimmery black fabric. With their cherry red lips and dramatic eye makeup, It's the perfect look. My dress is simple, yet elegant. It's got a key-hole back, and the entire dress has a lace overlay. It's fitted to my body, and has a diamond belt under the bust. My hair is being straightened, and two tiny braids are tied back on either side, laying under my veil. Riley is bouncing uncontrollably as we prepare to walk down the aisle.
"Ring Power!"
"Ring Power!"
"Thunder!"
"Lightning!" We scream. I hold my bouquet of blood-red tulips, and take a deep breathe. I hear the music play, and I walk over the wooden bridge, to the archway made of branches. Josh and I chose an outdoor wedding, and we found a place that specializes in that. Surprisingly, they exist in New York. Auggie holds Mathew, whose my ring bearer. Ava was my flower girl, flinging rose petals like her life depended on it. Lucas and Riley walk arm in arm, with Smackle and Farkle behind them. Josh's friends Andrew and Charlotte (from the college party) also walked down the aisle. I meet Shawn and Cory at the beginning of the white aisle. Shawn is bursting with pride, and Cory was in tears. As I walk arm in arm with my father figure/teacher and my real but not biological father, I reflect on how my life started, and what it's become. I was the broken girl with the broken family, depending on my chump of a best friend and a Farkle. Ranger Rick came, I met Shawn. Josh realized he loved me, Shawn and mom got married, Riley got pregnant, one of the twins died. The shooting, Riley actually coming back to life. Now we're here. Josh's infectious smile was beaming in the spring sun, and I couldn't help letting a tear run down my face. I reached Josh, and turned to Shawn and Cory. "Have fun, and never let anything get in your way," Cory said, and kissed me on the cheek. "Don't wait until it's too late to change anything, do it now, and savour it," Shawn said, and gave me a tight hug. Shawn turned to Josh, and said,"Goodluck, and I'm watching you buddy!" Shawn said. Josh was shaken up. "My brotha!" "My brotha!" Cory and Josh embraced, and my two dads sat down. I held Josh's hands, and looked into those warm brown eyes. "We are gathered here today, to celebrate the union of Maya Penelope Hunter, and Joshua Gabriel Matthews. They have chosen to write their own vows to one another," The priest stated. Josh took a deep breathe, and said," Ever since I met you, when we were little, I thought you were just my niece's best friend-" "NICHE!" Eric screamed. Amy calmed him down. "Anyways, when I saw you again at the Christmas dinner, I knew you changed. Not just in my eyes, but in my heart. I didn't realize that until after you came to that college party, and did what you did. Dating you ever since was the best choice of my life. After Riley had the twins, and I saw your face as you held them, I knew I wanted to see that face with our children. Maya, I promise to love you, watch Pretty Little Liars with you even if I don't want to, and take care of you for the rest of my life. I love you Maya." My eyes were pouring buckets by the end of his vows. I hear a loud sob, coming from a woman. I looked over, and it was actually Shawn. I laughed. "At that dinner that you mentioned, I said Uncle Boing for a reason. I mean, look at you! *laughs* I felt like everything was happier when you were there, and I always wanted to be around you. Riley said that I would never be her aunt, and I said I couldn't hear her. And I couldn't, because I held onto my dream of being with you forever. I promise to watch baseball with you, and to always be there for you. I love you Josh." Mom and Topanga were making loud sniffles in the front row. "Do you, Maya Penelope Hunter, take Joshua Gabriel Matthews to be your lawfully wedded husband?" "I take Uncle Boing to be my husband!" I exclaimed. Josh smirked, and whispered in my ear,"Well I think it's not Uncle Boing anymore, it's more like Daddy Boing." I giggled. "Do you, Joshua Gabriel Matthews take Maya Penelope Hunter to be you lawfully wedded wife?" "I take Clutterbucket to be my wife," he laughed. I shot him a glare. "I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride." We connected our lips, and I saw sparks. It's just the beginning.
Only 6 chapters left! I'm not updating everyday, since I'm on vacation and I have another story to write! Message me about things you may want to see in the last few chapters, and suggestions for the sequel!
-xoxo lovefanficlife