Chapter 20

Lucas Pov
I knock on the door, praying that her family is home. Maya opens it, and looks surprised. Riley's family is all here, and Maya's too, and Mr. Squirrels is giving me a dirty look. Riley runs over and looks at me for a moment. I suddenly feel a flame in my cheek, and I hear a loud and clear "clap". "That is what you get for fighting with Farkle!" She exclaims. Josh, Eric, Auggie, Mr. Matthews and Mr. Matthews Sr. all stand up and circle around me. "LISTEN UP BOY YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HURT MY NICHE AGAIN!" Eric screams. "Howdy you've done enough, what are you even doing here?" Josh asks. "I need to apologize to Riley for the way I acted. She's also carrying a baby that is part of me, so technically I can be here." I answer. "Hey, Ranger Rick. If you think you can just show up and try to make things better first, you'll have to go through me first." "Don't worry other one, a short stack of pancakes can't be that scary." I smirk. She growls at me, but I easily pass by her. I thought I was in the clear, as all of the Matthews men went back to the table. Except one. Auggie calmly walks up to me, and I bend over to talk to him. "Hey big guy, you got anything to say to me?" I ask. "Yeah, I do. Can you feel this?" And he kicks me in the stomach. I stumble backwards a bit, but quickly regain my balance. "AUGGIE MATTHEWS THAT IS RUDE!" Topanga exclaims. She leads Auggie to his room. Now I can finally talk to Riley. "Window, now." she demands. We walk to the bay window in her room, the same window that I've seen for the last 5 years. "Riley, I want to be there for you and this baby. I fought with Farkle, because I care about you. Farkle and I made up, we're friends again. But I need you, Riles. You are my soul mate, I love you. And I will love this baby too, for as long as I live." Riley is crying now, probably from hormones. "Do you forgive me?" I ask. She nods, and firmly kisses me. "You can come in now guys!" Riley exclaims. I walk over and open the door, and everybody falls to the ground. Mr. Matthews and Shawn are gasping for air, as they are at the bottom of the pile. Topanga, Katy, and Maya are above them, laughing. Mr. Lawrence, Mrs. Lawrence, Mr. Matthews Sr. and Mrs. Matthews are sprawled out on the floor, and Josh and Auggie are staring at them. Everybody heads back to the table, and I feel the box in my pocket. Looking at Mr. Matthews and Shawn, I nod. They smile, knowing what's going to happen. "So, Riles, we should talk about baby names." I say. "Sure! I was thinking Elena, or Amber, or......" she rambles. "Well, that sounds like a happy family!" I answer back. By now, Maya is holding Josh's hand like her life depended on it, Topanga magically invited Smackle and Farkle over, and they quietly entered through the fire escape. All of the parents/grandparents are beaming, and so am I. "Riley, Lucas, Amber or Mathew Friar, I like that." "Wait, no, Riley Matthews, and Lucas, Amber or Mathew Friar." she corrected. "Well, I think I can change that." "Riley, I loved you since I met you on the subway, I love your quirkiness and awkward, klutzy ways, and you bright attitude. I love how you froze when you stuck your finger in my nose, or how you think Maya won't be your aunt." Maya kisses Josh, and Josh looks shocked. I get down on one knee, and Riley's eyes widen. "So, Riley Amy Matthews, will you marry me?" "Y-y-y-yay!!!!" she exclaims, kissing me with tears in her eyes. "This is another moment, that I will remember forever."