Living Life

For the past week and a half I made a lot of new friends. I've been invited to parties and I've tried things that I never tried before. I've taken shots, I've smoked a blunt once, I played beer pong. It was like I found happiness, being drunk and hanging out with friends make me feel so much better about myself.

When I'm stuck in this house with my so called family I feel like shit because I'm treated like shit. My uncle started hitting me. If I'm late I get hit, if I'm "mistreating" his kids I get hit, if I don't do what he asks to his version of perfection I get hit, if I don't do something right when I'm asked to I get hit. It's like I'm back at my old school except I'm not in school.

I don't want to live here with him and his family. I'm obviously not welcomed and I don't think Karen and Manny want me living with them.

I facetimed Shawn like I do every morning. Soon his face appeared on the screen and I laughed. His hair was a mess, it looked like there were birds living in it and it was clear that he just woke up. "Shawn you're going to be late for school." I laughed. "What time is it?" He asked in his sexy morning voice. "7:00" I say while putting on the flats I was going to wear to school today. "Thank you." He says before climbing out of his bed. "I have to go but I'll see you Tonight. Okay?" He asked and I nodded. "I love you." He says and a smile crept onto his face. "I Love you too." I smiled back before ending the call so Shawn could get ready.

I grabbed my things and rushed out of the house before I could get noticed by my so called family.

Once I got to school I met up with Mahogany and the guys in the hallway by her locker. "Hey Santana." Sammy smiles at me. "Hi Samuel." I say opening my locker and throwing my bag inside. "Let's forget about school today. I don't feel like being here." Dillon says and Mahogany rolls her eyes at him. "That's why you're failing every class." She says grabbing her books for first period. "Oh come on babe. It's only one day, break some rules." Carlos says and Mahogany puts down her books. "Fine." She says and we all rush out of the school.

We all get into Nate's car and he sped off campus. "We're still having that party tonight right?" Raymond asked and the guys confirmed that the party was still happening. "Santana are you going?" Raymond asked and I shrugged. "Shawn's coming over this weekend and I kinda wanted to hang out with him."

"You have two other days to hang out with him." Jazzmin says and I shrug. "I haven't seen him in over a week and I miss him." I say looking at her. "Just bring him to the party, it will be fun." Raymond says and I pull out my phone to text Shawn asking if it was okay with him. "Plus I want to meet your boyfriend." Raymond adds and I roll my eyes. Everyone knows that Raymond likes me and he refuses to believe my boyfriend is real. We were facetiming and Raymond was right next to me but he didn't believe we were dating.

I phone lit up from a text.

Shawn: Yeah we can go to the party

I thanked him and told everyone in the car. They all cheered and we drove to a store.

"We have to buy everything for tonight." Nate says and we all get out the car and enter the store. Raymond's cousin works here and is the Manager so they were able to buy the alcohol without any problems. After buying the alcohol Nate went into another store and brought a bunch of brownie mix. I guess they're making brownies.

***

I went back to my uncle and aunts house to get ready for the party. I changed into a black muscle tee and a pair of black shorts. I put on my black vans before walking into the bathroom to do my hair. I decided to put my hair into a high ponytail so my hair was out of my face. Soon the door bell rang and I instantly knew it was Shawn. I grabbed my phone and rushed to the door hoping nobody answered the door. But it was too late my uncle had opened the door and has already greeted Shawn. "We'll just be going now." I say grabbing Shawn's hand and attempting to walk out the house but my uncle had different plans.

He grabbed my arm with a tight grip and pulled me back inside. "We're running late. Now let go!" I say trying to escape from his tight grip. His grip only got tighter so I stopped trying to get out of his grip. "Where are you two going?" He asked pretending like he Cared. "To a friends house." I say frustrated. "And what time will you be home?" He asked and I shrugged. "Just answer the phone when I call." He says releasing his grip and pushing me towards the door.

"Are you okay?" Shawn asked. "I'm completely fine." I say picking up the pace. We were walking to Nate's house since he only lived a block away. Shawn caught up to me and grabbed my wrist stopping me from walking. "What the hell happened back at the house?" He asked with all seriousness. "Nothing now let's go party." I said and started to walk only to be pulled back by Shawn once again. He looked me in the eyes and instantly knew something was wrong. "Does he hit you?" Shawn asked and I crossed my arms over my chest. "You're still miserable aren't you?" He asked looking into my eyes. "Shawn I'm perfectly fine. I just want to go have fun and introduce you to my friends." I say hoping he would drop the topic.

"Santana I know you way too well. I know you're not happy by looking into your eyes and I can tell you still self harm just by looking at you." Shawn says and I look away from Shawn. Everything he is saying was the truth and he knows it. I just feel so ashamed.

"It's okay Santana." Shawn says wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into him. I smiled into his chest before looking up at him. "I miss your hugs." I smile looking up at him. "There's that smile I've been waiting to see." He lightly chuckles before poking my nose causing me to laugh. He pecks my lips before whispering "I will always be here for you." I smiled before we pulled away and walked to the party.

I'm just going to live my life and hopefully learn to enjoy my new life here with new friends at a new school in a new area.

We walked into Nate's house and everyone yelled once I walked in causing me to laugh. "THE PARTY IS HERE!" A guy named Josh yelled causing everyone to scream more. "It seems like everyone loves you." Shawn laughed and I shrugged. "SANTANA!" Nate playfully yelled jumping onto me. "Get your drunk ass off of me." I laughed pushing him away. "Is this your boyfriend?" Nate asked and I nodded my head. "Shawn this is Nate, Nate this is Shawn." I say over the loud music. They do one of those bro handshakes before Nate tells me that Sammy and a few other people were out back playing beer pong before he disappeared. Shawn and I walked to the kitchen and I grabbed a shot from off the table. After finishing that one shot I took two more before offering Shawn one. He just shook his head no. I was already buzzed and ready to party.

"Trying to drink away your problems isn't going to fix anything Santana please understand that all your problems are still going to be there when you're sober." Shawn says and I roll my eyes. "Lighten up Shawn. I'm living life right now and I can't be any happier than when I'm drunk. Just live in the moment and don't worry about the future." I say before guiding Shawn outside to where they were playing beer pong.

I looked over to see Mahogany and Carlos having a makeout session on one of the benches. Jazzmin was flirting with some guy that I don't remember and there were a bunch of other girls flirting or playing beer pong.

This is going you be a fun night.