Chapter 26

Genevieve

It was cold, and the forest woods weren't helping with its creepy darkness. I turned on my headlights and head for the abandoned van, where I last saw Justin.

"Access to Judas."

"Accessing to Judas." A robotic voice spoke out.

"How may I help you, Ms. Stone?"

"Judas, reconnect the camera footages on my pads. I need to know where I'm going, so locate my ass down."

"Reconnecting cameras. You are now 80 meters away from the base. You are heading north."

"Is there someone else with me in these woods?"

"There is an unknown vehicle heading south, the others are heading west."

"Others?"

"Yes, there are five vehicles indicated past your security premises."

My watch beeped and I see the map of my direction. "Shit," I cursed; one of their vehicles is heading towards me.
I checked the camera footages and see Justin laying flat beside the abandoned car. "Judas, how many meters am I now?"

"You are 120 meters away from the base."

I went crazy with the brakes and stopped to see my destination. I see Justin, in his small pool of blood.

"Shit shit shit." I cursed.

I got out of my bike and check for his pulse; he was alive. This at least relieved me.

Suddenly he jumped.

I expected this, so I dodged his attacks. "Calm down Clarkson," I said through my helmet.

He coughed blood, "Who are you?"

"Just come with me, you'll be safer."

I grabbed his arms but he pushed me away. "Why should I...f- fucking trust you?" He said angrily.

Sighing, I took off my helmet and revealed myself. "Because it's me," he widens his eyes, "now come on! They're getting near!"

I hauled him up on my bike and drove off; I hear gunshot behind us.

Pulling my gun out, I started shooting and speeding up a little. "Fucking bastards." I muttered when I see one of them falling to the ground.

"Judas, open the gates."

"Gates opening, you are 90 meters away from the base."

I kept shooting, aware of the way Justin grabbed onto me for dear life. Driving a little faster, I finally see the familiar path to my gate and speed up more.

"You are 50 meters away from the gate."

I stepped on it and said, "Close the gates now!"

Seeing the gates closing, I looked behind and saw someone chasing us. I shot him twice on the chest, and finally we arrived.