Chapter 3

Genevieve

The museum was mostly empty, so I went to my office to get some things. I grabbed my brown bag and shoved in the money that Jen unexpectedly left. I can't believe I got tipped for what I've done. I mentally noted myself to thank her.

I made my way outside the museum and saw a Range Rover behind my Lamborghini. I shrugged the thought of someone watching me through the tinted windows, and hopped in my baby.

I started the car and drove off to visit Livy and Gunter at their apartment. I checked the time and it was 06.51 PM. Enough time to take them out at dinner, I really need to relax my mind, besides, it's bonding time.

I grabbed my phone while turning the wheel to take a left turn, adding a little speed as I overtake some cars.

I put my phone on the handle to put it on speaker. It ringed.

"Hello?" Gunter picked up.

"Gun, hey, it's Eli. How about some dinner somewhere in Little Italy?"

I hear a squeal, "Yay! Bonding! Livy! Get your ass up stairs and freshen up, we're going on a dinner with Eli!" There were some noises at the other line until Gunter's voice came back, "We'll be waiting for ya sis." He hung up, making me chuckled.

I looked at my back to check on my tiny closet. I saw a short red elegant dress and nodded to myself. I looked back at the road and overtake another car before pulling up on a public bathroom and changed.

I got out and saw the same Range Rover a few cars away from mine. I pursed my lips. My suspicions are up. I hopped in my car and drove off. I looked at my rearview mirror and saw the Ranger Rover following closely.

I bit my lip. Shit. Someone's following me.

I slowed down and took a right turn – the car was still following.

Oh fudge. What if they're here?

No. That's not possible. They can't possibly know I'm here. I need to lose them, I mean, I can't just show them Gunter and Livy.

I grabbed my gun under my seat and stepped a little bit more speed. I looked again and it was following closely. I looked around and found a road that is enough to not cause a scene in front of everybody. I took a hard left – it followed.

I took another sharp turn before stomping on the breaks. It stopped and two car doors opened and took out a gun. I got out with my gun.

"Who the fucks are you?" They seemed shock.

Wait. I remember these people. Roberto and Sam, the ones I had met at Starbucks. I widen my eyes, crap. I pulled the trigger and shot one of their tires. I quickly got into my car and speeded off, it was a good thing they didn't follow again.

Question is: what did they want?

"Mm!" Gunter moaned at the taste. I laughed when Livy gave a face, "I can't believe you actually like this! I mean...it's too salty!"

Livy grabbed his spoon, "Hey!" Gunter yelled. Livy gave him another bowl. "Taste that bud, that'll impress you." Gunter pouted but grabbed the spoon and took a taste.

"Ew!" He spat out as he stood up and spat the taste away. I doubled on my laughter.

"Y-Your f-f-face!"

Livy frowned, "Come on Gunter, that wasn't horrible."

Gunter stared at her like she grew two heads, "Livy, listen carefully at what I'm saying...you've been poisoned by aliens!"

Liv rolled her eyes, "How did aliens get involved?" She asked.

Gunter shrugged and slid the bowl back to Livy and continued eating his food. Livy made gagging voices when Gunter moaned again from the taste.

I wiped the napkin to wipe out a smudge of ketchup. "I'm going to go to the restroom, I'll be right back." They didn't answer, but they nodded. I walked away with my purse and found the restroom inside the restaurant.

I opened the door and found nobody. I locked the door beside me and grabbed my earphone. I dialed on Fredrick's number, an old friend who I haven't called for two years. He's going to kill me.

He picked up at the fifth ring, "Fred here."

"Fredrick, it's Stone."

He gasped, "Genevieve! Months you haven't called after helping you and you rang in the wrong time." He whispered harshly, I rolled my eyes. "I know, I've been busy."

"What do you need? New guns? Materials? You're settling in right, right? Wait, of course you're settling in. I mean, it's been two years." He snapped.

"No time. Fredrick, I want you to search up the name...Clarkson."

It was silent. "Clarkson? James Clarkson? Justin Clarkson? What about 'em?"