Chapter 15

Genevieve

When we arrived, I was about to go out when Fred grabbed me, "Be careful. By this time, they're already looking for you." I nodded.

I went up to the elevator and to my room before I packed all the things I had packed and went to go back downstairs. I recognize black men in suits walking to the elevator. Good thing they didn't see me.

I hopped in the car and told Fred to go.

The airport was silent and empty, but my plane was waiting. "I'll call you soon Gene." Fred said. I smiled, hugging him tightly, "I forgot to ask how your pregnant wife is." He only chuckled and ruffled my hair before I went in my plane and took one last glance at him before I flied off.

He can take care of himself. I've known him since forever.

The flight to California took hours, but when I arrived, it was already morning. I had taken a lot of sleep in the plane.

I took a deep breath at the California air.

I walked out of the airport calling a cab; I wanted to go to a hotel and rest.

The events that had happened from last night made me cringe. I tried forgetting, but Justin being the one hurting me...it felt wrong.

I felt hurt. I sighed, it's good to know he cared about me though.

Which reminds me...Chinese Mafia was after me? They're after me to terminate me?

When did that happen?

Oh right. When Justin announced my name to the whole American-Russian mafia.

But he was only protecting me...argh, stupid thoughts!

I arrived at a beach hotel, feeling happy at the sight of people enjoying their time.

I got out and paid the cab before checking in the hotel. I settled in right as I checked on the wound on my arm. It was nearly healing.

I grabbed a waterproof make-up to cover my wounded skin. I looked down on my stomach to see a small bruise. I covered it with the same make up and wore a black bikini to have a swim at the beach. Besides...I want to forget what had happened.

My phone started to ring. I picked it up, "Hart-"

"Eliza. I'm going to go pick you up." Justin hung up before I could answer.

Oh, Justin. It's so funny how I have to act like nothing happened; I mean, he tortured me hours ago.

I sighed in defeat.

I made my way outside and found a perfect spot for myself. I ordered my own personal table.

I began to walk down the blue water as the sun lit up the sky. I felt happy. Swimming was my natural instinct; it has always been a part of my little childhood. I have always been a fan of it, it relaxes my body and I would feel like I just washed away my problems.

Especially this problem, I don't think I can ever blame Justin. He didn't know it was I that he had been torturing...

I took a deep breath, sinking myself lower under the water.

Hours later...I finally caught some seashells myself. One was my favorite; it was red and really beautiful. Whenever a light lights it up, it sparkles. I fell in love.

When I rose up again from the waters, holding the shell in my hands. I ran my hand down my hair before looking down on my wounds that were still covered perfectly.

I hear a whistle. I whipped my hair to see Justin, standing there with his suit and tie, shades covering his eyes. I sighed and walked towards him, suddenly feeling wary at his intense eyes looking down at my body. I finally arrived next to him and smiled lightly. "May I ask why the hell are you here?" Keeping my attitude in check, I said that to him.

I walked past him and made my way to my table. I sat down as he followed me.

I took a piece of bread before sliding the plate to him. He took one too and ate it.

"I heard you wanted to meet up with your friend here. So I wanted to check." I rolled my eyes and took another bite of my bread before completely swallowing it.

I stared in his eyes. Suddenly, a flash of flashback made me cringed again. Justin stared from his seat in worry and panic. "What's wrong?"

I gulped and shook my head, turning around as I walked off. He started calling my name.

What the hell, I was doing so fine earlier!

I didn't stop walking. Dammit. I was supposed to forget.

I arrived in my room, using the shortcut in my balcony.

I quickly got into my bed and cried while getting in the covers. I cried and sobbed.

Why can't I just forget?

I can't possible act normal; because it was Justin who hurt me - the worst part was that he didn't know it was I.

Ah, what the hell. I shouldn't be thinking like this at all. I'm suppose to not react to this - besides, it was only Justin; nothing important.

But why does it feel like it is? Why am I depending on him?

I felt someone take my covers off of me. I jumped and sat up. Justin quickly sat next to me and gently embraced me. I sobbed. I sobbed for my self and my stupid self.

I hugged Justin back and gripping on his suit. There's no denying it. All of my questions are going to be answered now.

I care for him.